Friction drives and the wally world 29 inch crusier

u2smile

Local time
11:04 AM
I have looked at these several times I think it will work.
Anyone done one?

Parts tires quality there?

Have you noticed that "bikers" will not give you the "nod"
Motor cycle after all...:devilish:

I did one for someone else with the wally front suspension 29. It's the bike the guy had and had his mind made up.
It turned out alright and I guess he's happy with it.. Frankly I don't see the point nor can imagine the reasoning especially on a cruiser frame. The "29er" was a bicycle industry ploy to ratchet up sales as something "new" since it's just a way to market what already was in place and the same wheel size as 700c.

With quality mountain bikes I perhaps can see advantages for some technical single track mountain biking on a competitive level. In mountain biking racing circles the jury is divided particularly with the advent of 650 sized wheelsets being the latest "new" thing. For a bike of the quality sold by walmart and to make it a cruiser is just, well I want to be nice here, but it's kinda gimmicky. Motorizing one for street use I see no advantage but among the possible downsides are longer spokes more easily broken. JMO

BTW, have you looked for availability or priced suitable_for_friction drive 29er tires? Not cheap especially since you'll likely have accelerated wear using friction drive.

Last edited:
I have looked at these several times I think it will work.
Anyone done one?

Parts tires quality there?

Have you noticed that "bikers" will not give you the "nod"
Motor cycle after all...:devilish:

Ya i have seen one with a bumblebeebolton. They fit most bikes with there one bolt design that holds the entire kit on. I think a stanton would work to but there a little bit pricey. and i dont perfer clutches. But i have heard good things about them from a few people. I have a bee no complaints here!

I have a DB hybrid with 700c tires and the Honda 35cc F/D staton kits works flawless on it once you get it dialed in. I even prefer the 700c tires to the 26in because of the response and roll of the 700cs.

I have a DB hybrid with 700c tires and the Honda 35cc F/D staton kits works flawless on it once you get it dialed in. I even prefer the 700c tires to the 26in because of the response and roll of the 700cs.
There just so narrow! I like the lowrider tires personally!

Back