Friction generator run off 12v battery.

I always build a frame to keep the bags from going into the spokes. I just slide the frame in the bag and it keeps it stretched out enough to keep from going in. Little angle iron works magic.
I've got some thin rebar laying around, and I was already thinking about that. Here are the bags I was considering ordering, but I think I might make some to save some money and get exactly what I want https://www.amazon.com/UNISTRENGH-U...refix=bike+saddle+bag+vintage+,aps,210&sr=8-9

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I always build a frame to keep the bags from going into the spokes. I just slide the frame in the bag and it keeps it stretched out enough to keep from going in. Little angle iron works magic.
Yep, that's what I've done before, reinforce the bags
I had a set of fake leather bags they had a black PVC back but it still needed to be held stiff at the bottom. I used a piece of 1/8' aluminum flat bar attached along the bottom backside on the inside so the bags stayed straight along the bottom
The PVC backing without it was gonna slowly warp and curve and probably eventually hit the spokes over time,
So I reinforced it before it even had a chance to warp

One set of bags was canvas soft sided so I put a 1/8" plywood insert for the backing
The Ply also gave me a place to mount clamps to the rack

I've got some thin rebar laying around, and I was already thinking about that. Here are the bags I was considering ordering, but I think I might make some to save some money and get exactly what I want https://www.amazon.com/UNISTRENGH-Updated-Equipment-Multifunctional-Messenger/dp/B0897FBMW9/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?crid=3QTDR4TIXMYVV&keywords=bike+saddle+bag+vintage&qid=1673050444&sprefix=bike+saddle+bag+vintage+,aps,210&sr=8-9

Get this instead, so no worries about a stupid plastic buckle breaking. I use these on my motorcycle, an let me tell ya, they hold a lot.

I have had a 12 pack of 7up, 2 lbs of Tabaco , 6 cartons of tubes, $100 in Chinese food, 2 20 ounce pops, a quart of oil and some odd's and ends, all at once. Was quite the feat to get it all packed in, but it did it. An the latches mean I never have to worry about them undoing while I am riding down the highway.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back