Friction roller issues

Mainer40

Local time
2:07 AM
My drive roller on my friction drive bicycle is moving sliding side to side can i fill the space with washers or would this ruin the bearings

Attachments

• 20221217_045219.jpg
    20221217_045219.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 87
Is there a set screw located on the outer shoulders of the roller?

I was looking on the Bikeberry site and that roller is not there at all. Way different roller they list. Don't know what you have there. It looks weird for a drive roller with the grooves being slanted.
1671272370137.png

That roller was what I was supposed to get there response was that dont make it they just put it together I'm thinking I could fit to bearings on each end of the roller..there is a key way or chunk of metal that if I push it in it will stop the roller from sliding but it is all the way to one side and doesn't cover the hole tire

Attachments

• 20221217_052926.jpg
    20221217_052926.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 110
I just went on bikeberrys website and the roller that is advertised with there set up looks cheap soft metal and ive seen comments about them breaking. The one they sent me seems to be a better quality its got some weight to it I'll just have to grind it a little my little hand held dremel wouldn't touch it

That roller was what I was supposed to get there response was that dont make it they just put it together I'm thinking I could fit to bearings on each end of the roller..there is a key way or chunk of metal that if I push it in it will stop the roller from sliding but it is all the way to one side and doesn't cover the hole tire
Get fender washers for up against the bearings, probably have to resize the hole, then regular washer/s to space. From the space you have there, looks like one of each for each side.

My drive roller on my friction drive bicycle is moving sliding side to side can i fill the space with washers or would this ruin the bearings

If using spacers, the spacer should only contact the ID race of the bearing,
Washers if their OD is too big it will contact the OD of the bearing and cause unwanted drag
Don't use washers that will contact the OD of the bearing because that part of the bearing is stationary

Or drill and tap holes for set screws, put one on each side

Back