From biodiesel to WVO to off-grid living to motorbikes!

S

setch

Hey everyone,

How could I have come this far in life without knowing about motorized bicycles? I mean I live off-grid. I have solar PV power, solar hot water power, a composting toilet, I live in a yurt, I have two waste vegetable oil convrted cars, I've built a biodiesel reactor, I ride a bicycle regularly (a pedicab), etc. . .

How could I not have known about morized bicycles?!?!?!?!!!!!

So, I am uber obsessed about these marvelous machines now! I want to get a bike and a motor kit in the next few weeks and build it up soon.

Looks like I'll be moving to western massachusetts next week for a new job, and as I understand it, motorized bicycles are considered mopeds in MA! Sweet! In NY, where I live right now, motorized bikes are illegal!

So, cheers to you all! Consider yourself invited to check out my yurt and veggie cars anytime!

Kristopher

Glad you found this group. It is hard to find cause some of us hide under rocks, some hide behind rocks and we mostly have rocks in our heads. While I don't love off the grid I am a papercreeter. Slurry for the masses. And welcome.

hey welcome do lots of research to find the right engine alot of the more enviromentally aware are getting 4 cycles gasoline, more than 100 mpg try and find a small deisel youlll be the first here with a desisel motorized bike.!@!! coooll

a veggie / diesel bike would be sweet!
from what i've seen there's a gap in the market: no diesels b/w 0.5 and 3.0 HP :(

Last edited by a moderator:
welcom and first question to you from
me in real thinking can a broken in engine run on diesel gas Z?

Back