from the Outer Banks of NC

OBXbiker

Local time
1:45 PM
hello all,

I've been interested in building a motor-bike for some time, and will be ordering my first kit this coming friday. I want to start with an HT and add a boost bottle(s) and a performance exhaust. I'm kinda surprised that no-one offers an engine kit with this setup or am i just missing it. I've got a chopper and a shwinn and depending on how easy the first project turns out, I may motorize both of them. if any vendors do offer a setup that has an 80cc 2 stroke with boost bottles, ported manifold, and upgraded exhaust feel free to contact me. Joshknibb@yahoo.com. thanks and any input would be greatly appreciated!

josh aka OBXbiker

Welcome to the forum. I would mount your engine on something easy to build first (like a steel beach cruiser or steel mountain bike). Once the motor is broken in and you learn your way around it, you can transplant the kit to a chopper, where you have to deal with offset motor mounts and such.

thanks, after reading other's posts, I'm gonna do just that!

-Now i just need to talk my wife into letting me turn her beach cruiser into a motor-bike so we can ride together!

Where on the Banks are you? I'm on the S-OBX in Morehead City. I've only seen one motorized bike here, wouldn't be you would it?

Cool. I just pulled the trigger on a 29er mountain bike that I hope to convert to motorized.

Back