From the Skunk Works at Helmutt Cycles, Super Dave's Custom Bike Build

Obstacle Cycle problem Solving

Ya My standard rear drop stand was a No way.. So. I did another modified Whizzer Center Stand. as I did On Joe's Indian.. as Much as they are similar they are totally different? I did a quick cut "the upper mounted side" Welded a Flat 3/16' plate,with Hole for both bolts and the return spring access..This Bought Me 3 1/4" there.. So Now it's Taking it apart Cutting the Legs down.a Negotiated amount as Ya don;t want to lose girth.. So Now I cut the Legs parallel.and welded the legs Out ward.saving what was lost at cutting them down. the legs are an Inverted V Cleaned It and Painted an Mounted the fixed pivot side to the frame.. that uses a one of the Motor mount studs location.one stud it's washers and Nut, do Both the final Motor Mount and the Center stand mount.. kind of fun.. A Multi-tasking Stud just another elongated Hole Matching the Motor foot rear Hole. why Not use it. Now the Final Final proceeded.

finalizing the Motor On

The Motor with it's Helmutt Mounting foot In place. there's Now Only 2 3/8's studs that Mate with there 2 elongated Holes In the frame Bottom plate.. the strength comes from the width and length Of the Motor Foot. a simple but effective way to Mount these Motors Both the Whizzer or the EZM kit...Of course 2 different feet. unique to there own...

With Pedal Crank stalled first with the chain is determined. wheel aliened correct tension On chain. then you simply roll the Large Belt into Place. with finding the sweet spot On the Motor foot elongated Holes.. Now Your done?? Until You discover there's a Housing bolt on the primary Just touching the final Belt.?? No good?.. So all does Not have to come completely apart Just the Motor foot with final drive belt rolled off. and clean tary cloth under under the Motor,Fix the Bolt spacing.. and the two studs Back In Place and again roll the belt On... Motor alignment fell into place. for done deal.. for that Phaze... Oh I did pedal her she drives so fun.. turns a tight circle,an as I pulled out straight ahead , I thought I heard Her speak. Naaa Must be getting punchie writing this..I did it twice Lost the first one Pumching the wrong key here at the Helmutt Desk.. Hope It reads ok... Dave's Christmas Bike. Coming Soon affter the Basic Helmutt testing Film..

Attachments

• PICT0553.jpg
    PICT0553.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 793
  • PICT0554.jpg
    PICT0554.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 782
  • PICT0557.jpg
    PICT0557.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 837
  • PICT0560.jpg
    PICT0560.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,200
Last edited:
Thank U. Vtec

wow, this bike is awesome. Are you selling these.... or is this a one off build???
Hmm?? This is a Production Proto-Type Being Built To One Our Trusted Test Riders Spec's "Super Dave". Who Is Our Rep In Canada.. and Our Official Chef when we go to Bonneville

The Bike Is a Test Bed,a few Nifty,and New articals...

Last edited:
Saturday shake down

Ok Saturday needing to rig an independent fuel cell. :unsure: as Ya can't ship the Bike ith any gas in the tank so a little longer fuel line,with filter,and a small fuel cell, here's the rig..

Attachments

• PICT0589.jpg
    PICT0589.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 1,359
  • PICT0596.jpg
    PICT0596.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 821
  • PICT0593.jpg
    PICT0593.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 895
WOW... that's all I can say.

This is by far the most beautiful bike on the site... and the fact you made this thing makes it even better.

My hat is off to you sir....

Bill,, I was Only Painting It..

sounds/looks good :)
let us know how she likes the no shroud please :)
looks completely different without it (better...IMHO)

Although. I Just wonder??? if we could Inlarge, the cooling fins, and make a smooth flywheeel.. and get rid of the forced air cool shroud.. Hmmmm?? that's a Later Project in it's Own

Last Pictures In Phoenix

Yes the Bike Is In a few Boxes Now, and close to being in route Up to her New Home with Dave.. where she'll get those Final personal touches.. I Know Dave will have a Blast doing..
This Build was a fun, although as Much as I have alot of faith in my ability's.. there were some humps and Bumps.. yet all in all, what treat Building this One Off proto-type Helmutt Motorized Bicycle. Weighing In at still Only 95 lbs.. 81 Inches.tire to tire ends.. and the Bike rides Like a dream with plenty a Power.. I didn't strain it. yet it achieved 35 without Pushing it.. and Once there at speed.. getting her stopped. Is hardly a Light pull on the brake levers,,and right now your getting her shut down.. .. we Put only a total of 3 plus Miles Mostly On our Hill side roads.. where we Have descent Bike paths.. when we drove In with Both Bikes at My Favorite Watering Hole.. Chuy's Mesquite Broiler.. Where the street Called Cave Creek, Running Here In these Pictures Is a Major Drag for street Rods and general Cycle freaks.... Just another Day in the Life... here In Sunny Phoenix Arizona

Attachments

• PICT0641.jpg
    PICT0641.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 921
  • PICT0639.jpg
    PICT0639.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 745
  • PICT0642.jpg
    PICT0642.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 844
  • PICT0640.jpg
    PICT0640.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,037
Last edited:
Hi Snake Bite,
Fantastic job on that bike Build for sure! Glad to here your Dad is doing well :)
Have fun, ride Safe,
Joe

Back