Front Baskets and Headlights?...

D

DougC

So I have a GEBE kit (rack mount) and just ordered a bike to put it on (for good!). With the bike I ordered a large front basket as well, since I figured that would be the easiest way to carry anything.

I knew I was going to have to figure out a way to get a rear light+reflector on there, but I hadn't thought much about the front light except that I was going to buy a Cateye EL530 LED for it.... but looking at some pictures now, I see that the front basket takes up all the useful handlebar space. And if I stacked anything big in the basket, it would block the headlight anyway.....

So how do you front-basket guys mount your headlights?
~

You could always manufacture a set up on the front of the basket and route your wires on the outside and under the basket.
Doc

figure out how to suspend the light upside down on the bottom of the basket

front lights and basket

I was using some lights I got from wally world that mounted to the handlebars but now have but a basket on the front . I had a double basket on the rear but that was as big a disaster as the fenders were .I have decided to make a mount on each side of to front basket and but my headlights there . I am using LED lights they are small but with a very good beam comming from them .

Back