Front drum brake and 26" wheel

redpiper777

Local time
12:56 AM
Hi there, does anyone know of the best place to find a "FRONT" 26" X 2"1.25 wheel assembly with a drum brake ? Anyhelp would be great...I did find one place in Texas and the price wasnt too bad but the shipping was WAY too much.

Thanks

Hi there, does anyone know of the best place to find a "FRONT" 26" X 2"1.25 wheel assembly with a drum brake ? Anyhelp would be great...I did find one place in Texas and the price wasnt too bad but the shipping was WAY too much.

Thanks

Here here

BSA

A while back, I had the wheelmaster build me a front wheel with a Sturmey-Archer X-FDD dynohub (drum brake and generator) with a Sun Mammoth BFR rim and his 10 gage spokes. It's just about indestructible. It was expensive, but, I'm not worried about that wheel EVER turning into a taco. (although the rear wheel supports more weight than the front, if the front wheel ever does taco & bind at speed, you're going over the handlebars...

Last edited:
FYI. As far as the Workman bikes go, they are certainly a solid alternative. It's hard to find JUST their wheels at their site, though - you have to look in their pdf price lists, then under the replacement parts price list. The ones you'll be probably interested in are either 77A or 77CAR (Standard (steel) or Alloy wheels, respectively.) These two are both for 26x2.125 rubber. If you want a narrower tire, they also offer a standard steel wheel for 26x1.75 tires (465A.)

Husky Industrial bikes also has a front drum brake wheelset for sale.

Last edited:
Thanks yep I talked to him today and he said he'll have some in a couple months cuz they come from oversea's. Funny I found this guy about an hour before this reply...

Thanks

Looks like I will go with Custom Motored Bicycles to sell me the brake hub and lace up my wheel to it for $80 plus shipping. Really hate to ruin the rims on this bike with rubber pads dragging on them.

CIMG0004.jpg

Back