Front Fender Warning Reminder

Wrench

Local time
8:53 PM

This reminder is about the Front Fender and how to reinforce your front fender mounts so ya don't break your neck
Or just remove the front fender

Notice how the single fender U brace wrapped around the front axle and wedged into the wheel

It's suggested
1) Replace the L bracket with a strong one
2) Use 2 fender U braces one in front and one in the rear of the forks
3) Remove the front fender
4) Any of these Mods above will prevent the fender failure

Last edited:

This reminder is not to wear a full face helmet but to reinforce your front fender mounts so ya don't break your neck
Or just remove the front fender

Notice how the single fender U brace wrapped around the front axle and wedged into the wheel
I hear ya on the fenders...I replaced mine with those nice looking plastic light weight "half fenders"...The worse that can happen with them is they would fly off but there bolted in using locktite and reinforcements,...Yep...over engineering again...lol.

The other thing i thought odd though was you said
not to wear a full face helmet
The person in the pic had said,

motoredbikes.com

had i been wearing my full face helmet i would have only suffered a few scrapes and bruises

...i don't myself, mine just has a 400 UV rated front shield that magnetically clips on and would just detach itself upon impact...DAMIEN

I hear ya on the fenders...I replaced mine with those nice looking plastic light weight "half fenders"...The worse that can happen with them is they would fly off but there bolted in using locktite and reinforcements,...Yep...over engineering again...lol.

The other thing i thought odd though was you said

The person in the pic had said,

motoredbikes.com

had i been wearing my full face helmet i would have only suffered a few scrapes and bruises

...i don't myself, mine just has a 400 UV rated front shield that magnetically clips on and would just detach itself upon impact...DAMIEN
NO Brah I was just saying the warning was not about wearing a Full face helmet
I'm not anti Helmet, I recommend them
Of course I wouldn't warn against wearing a full face helmet

It just the way the guys post starts out saying "if I was wearing a full face helmet"
I thought I should point out that the warring was not about a full face helmet.

You know how people can misunderstand stuff, like you just did reading my post :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
You know how people can misunderstand stuff like you just did reading my post :ROFLMAO:
Yep...lol...It was just the way it was worded that had me confused...Thats not hard to do these days...im not getting any younger...lol.
Im the guy that gets up from my Lazy Boy, walks ten feet to the refrigerator, open the door and then forget what i wanted and what it was that i was doing there in the first place...lol...DAMIEN

I should point out that the warring was not about a full face helmet.
I dont think you or i would ever be "warring" against each other...lol...im sure that we would be "warning" each other though...lol.

We can leave the "warring" to those that keep coming out from underneath their little troll bridges from time to time trying to yank everybodies chain...lol...DAMIEN

Yep...lol...It was just the way it was worded that had me confused...
Yes your right, I reread and it kinda seemed like I was warning against wearing a full face helmet :ROFLMAO: My Bad
OK, I changed the wording on Post #1 so no others will be confused now I hope :LOL:

Yes Danny slammed his face in the pavement OUCH but a full face helmet still won't save ya from breaking your neck.
Having a front fender fail and do that is a nightmare. I bet this nightmare has happened to people who ride a non motorized bicycle
At 10 mph this fender failure nightmare can still kill ya.
I understand the bicycle manufacture not being responsible for the fender failure if ya motorize you bicycle.
But if this happens to a bicycle that has not been tampered with, I wonder if there has been any Law suites against the manufacture.
When ya buy a new bike there is probably some kind of disclaimer. Saying "90 day warranty on materials and workmanship" 🤷‍♂️

I understand the bicycle manufacture not being responsible for the fender failure if ya motorize you bicycle.
But if this happens to a bicycle that has not been tampered with, I wonder if there has been any Law suites against the manufacture.
When ya buy a new bike there is probably some kind of disclaimer. Saying "90 day warranty on materials and workmanship" 🤷‍♂️
Yeah...Warranties on all bikes ive ever seen ALL have a disclaimer about altering it from its original purpose as a pedal bicycle.

Hyper bike warranty on its beach cruiser is a little more generous though except for wear and tear items like tires, tubes, cables, handlebar grips, seats etc, which are warrantied for the first 30 days from purchase date...They warranty the other parts like fenders, wheels, forks, handle bars etc. for 1 year and the frame is warrantied for life to the original owner, PROVIDED it is not altered, like putting motors on them etc, or "jumping", stunt riding...lol...but thats to be expected...lol...My warranty went right out the window on the day i bought it...lol...DAMIEN

Same thing happened to two of my friends, after being warned. Luckily no major injuries.

Happened to me when I was about 7 years old, on a non motorized bike. Learned my lesson.

Back