front mount gebe

first bike, bianchi single w/ disc. added the 5 gal bucket for haulin and it balanced the engine wt nicely. got tired of the ring moving about, so went to another system, but clamping on each spoke is mentioned here and that sound like the perfect fix for the problem. w.

1582_P1010209_1.jpg

1582_P1010221_1.jpg

you tall, too, Pete? i'm 6'5", i know all about using funky seatposts & stems...this me on a 22" tall frame:

41_Img_1263_1.jpg

wes, you have a pic of you on the bike? how tall are you? where/when do you normally ride?

I'm only 6' with a 35" inseam and long arms. I used to look well at 210# but quit smoking a year ago (I started cee-gars after quiting all smoking for 13 years..that lasted 5 years) and bounced up to 250#. In the last three months of riding again my weight is now 238#. At 210 I'll be happy about it.

You are stretched out @ 6'5" and looking good. I got the gray beard going on, just like you.

I love the bike and style is a strong point for it. Function is certainly good also as you would not ride withe that positioning if you had not developed great strength and skill on a bike. I learned early on that a 55% rear to 45% front distribution was desirable especially when handling in anything that might wash out or let you slide. Learned it from my front wheel washing out with not enough weight on it. I also learned to like a small frame from hitting my **** on the bar when I hopped of my mountain bike in rough terrain.

Last edited by a moderator:
... I got the gray beard going on, just like you.

haha that's why I shave, just so I don't have a gray beard
about that bike..when I first saw it I wanted to put a rack on the back to carry stuff, long distances, while I was assisting the motor lol

while it is not my style of motor bike, I do admire it while wondering how I could use that to make me a 2 wheel drive motor bike:cool:

Style

Thats way cool its good that there is variety of styles and types

Roy

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think that the centrifical force of the drive train on the front wheel would make it difficult to steer. Especially in a panic moment.

Wes, you've given me some ideas. I see that you've used some sort of clamp for the horizontal bar, and that your forks cleared the GEBE drive wheel. How wide is that fork's gap anyway? I wish I could compare it to my fork's gap. i'm gonna do some measuring.

From personal experience, the heavier front is no factor in handling....It's actual less mass up front than the rider who's mostly over the rear wheel anyway.

Thanks for sharing :)

Last edited:
Eager to motorize and I'm searching the MB for front wheel engines (specifically GEBE). How well does it handle Wes? And like you I'm enjoy pedaling. I am looking for a family ride. I have a tandem on order, a trailer bike that attaches to a moose rack on the back, etc, so I have to go with a front mount engine. Any info you can give will help me with my build and purchase decisions. Thanks!

i'm really diggin this ride!!

One could haul "major" *** on that fully functional machine.

And with the weight distribution ; i'm sure it corners like a pro.
No issue, whatsoever, with losing momentum, i imagine.

Disks must be required standard hardware, what wiff the speed-demon mentally.

Rip it up......... Dood!

Back