Front mount troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

micromaster22

Local time
6:03 PM
Trying to mount a 66cc (don't know brand, the standard) to a vintage Huffy Good Vibrations Cruiser but I'm having issues with the front mount. The rear mount is fine and tight but the frame is too big for the front mount. What do I do? I mounted the rear right until there was no side to side movement and u got maybe half a mile and it started to come loose and move side to side. Thanks in advance.
15002539202751414386574.jpg
1500253948148925114129.jpg

IMG_0155.JPG
1. Procure a 1 1/2" muffler mount from an auto parts store. It's a kind of U bolt except it graphs the tube.

2. Get a section of angle iron and cut it into 2 short sections of about 6". Attach them to one another via welding or a couple of 1/2" bolts, forming an extension. In one, drill 2 3/8" holes to grab the muffler clamp. You may have to trim one of the angles to get perfect reach to the motor. The other end of the angle iron needs to holes drilled to accept the motor studs.

I suggest drilling the motor mount holes a bit big and taking the time to wrap the studs in a short metal sleeve.

You can show a picture of how the rear mount is fitted too to help with more suggestions.

You can show a picture of how the rear mount is fitted too to help with more suggestions.
i dont have a picture at the moment but it is just attached witht he two bolts and the "u" clamp with two nuts and two locking washers

I like the muffler mount clamp on the back, too. With 3/8" u bolt, it clamps the seat post and will be solid as a rock.

Cut out a rectangle of thick mild steel, 3/16" is OK. 1/4" is unimpeachable. I call that an adapter plate. Drill 2 3/8" holes for the muffler clamp and 2 carefully drilled holes for the 2 rear motor studs. Lock that bad boy down and you are in your way.

Yes, this takes additional time and work but you will save yourself so much time and trouble in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back