Front Post ... Tweak?

All easy questions to answer since I've not installed the motor... or the head... or anything yet.

Now, I am a reasonable guy, if they give me the OK to go ahead and tweak the post(s) slightly, I'd likely to do that with the understanding that if something doesn't work out well they'd cover it.

It's not hard to black-Sharpee the inside of the post... remove... then tweak that direction 1/16"...
I certainly wouldn't want to crack or chip my housing trying to bend a stud.

Can't happen. Not enough meat to make the hole wider...

See...

414lvqwZ4VL._AC_.jpg
Sure there is 1/16 on each side or cut right through, it's the U-bolt underneath that does all the work.

The more I look at it... it's closer to 1/32"... but to make matters worse, the damn BikeBerry mount is designed for 6mm studs... whereas it's competitors are designed for both 6 and 8mm studs... and there is no mention (of course) of this fact on their product page.

:(

Call me petty... but I've emailed bicycle-engines.com. I'd like to know what they'd like me to do "officially" so that if something "bad" happens... it's on them. Honestly... for a motor costing nearly twice that of the common China Girl... I'm tore as to "require" a replacement...
If something bad happens, it'll definitely be on you, regardless of who is 'legally responsible'.....

Meh, if I was told "yeah, go ahead" and something bad happened I am pretty confident they'd cover the issue. Bit who knows. The amount of space it's off is actually closer to 1/32" ... not nearly enough to b**ch too much I'd think...

Back