Front racks?

Stusalsa

Local time
1:03 PM
I just bought my first motorized bike, a friction drive Trek. I would need a front rack if I dont just settle on a backpack, how adversely would this affect the handling and/or ride of my bike? I was looking at the Thule pack and pedal with the tote, maybe pannier.

Couldn't say about front racks, Swiss brand however makes a nice backpack that has steel cables in the straps, only backpack I've had that never failed on me, for a bike it would be a decent bag except it won't break loose easily during a crash, meaning you could get caught on a vehicle and stay stuck to it until it finishes moving.

I just bought my first motorized bike, a friction drive Trek. I would need a front rack if I dont just settle on a backpack, how adversely would this affect the handling and/or ride of my bike? I was looking at the Thule pack and pedal with the tote, maybe pannier.
Carrying cargo well secured in an evenly loaded pair of front panniers (preferably on a lowrider rack) may well improve the bike's handling by making it better balanced.
I detest wearing a backpack on a bicycle. The gross sweat patch, the extra weight on your perinaeum and pudendal nerve, the awful aerodynamics and the raised and rearward centre of gravity.. I try to avoid using a backpack of any kind for cycling.
When pushed I'll use a small, narrow pack of the sort that's marketed as a cycling backpack, usually a camelback with just enough extra storage space for a lightweight jacket and your phone.
Panniers and frame bags, even a handlebar bag is wayyy preferable.

Back