Sprockets Front Sprocket Removal!

S

stef

Anyone know how to take the front sprocket off a 80cc engine? i got the nut out from the center, but from there? any info out there?
I baught a new front sprocket as i broke a tooth.
if you have done it please email me.
thanks.

Use the little black puller that came with your kit. Screw it into the sprocket, hold it with a wrench, and tighten the bolt with another wrench or socket. On some of my motors, I got the sprocket off by just pulling on it with my fingers.

Dr. J.

sprocket

Hi, thanks for the reply. but what do you mean by black pulley?
i used the tool that unscrews the spark plug to take out the center bolt of the sprocket, but from there, it seems to be tight in place,--so, after the center bolt is out, then what? thanks, please let me know some more details.

FRONT sprocket, not rear

wait wait wait.--i am talking about the FRONT sprocket Not the rear large sprocket!

You should have a small black puller included in your motor kit to remove the small (10 tooth) motor sprocket. It is approximately 1 inch in diamester by 1 1/4 inches long. If you don't have one, you will need to buy one from someone like thatsdax.com. If you look at some of the motor kits for sale on eBAY, you might be able to see one in the picture.

Dr. J.

The tool has two parts, the body has two different diameter threaded ends. The other part is the bolt, which can be inserted into either end of the body. The body is screwed into the receiver threads on the gear and then the bolt is threaded into the body, the bolt then pushes against the gear shaft which causes the gear to pull up off the shaft.

79_Bicycle_Motor_Photos_004_1.jpg

Maybe this picture of the puller will help.

Dr. J.

Way too graphic for the youngsters, we hadn't even gotten to the stage of using the latin terms for everything.

Graphic...you have got to be joking! I suggest that you watch The Red Green Show on PBS and then maybe you can figure out the humor of the quote. Try laughing a little and even being a little silly, you will be surprised what an affect it will have on you!

I will remove the quote from future postings so folks won't have to spend their time to make something out of nothing. Better yet...I won't post.

Dr. J.

"everyone has to grow up but you can be immature all your life" - D Barry.

Back