Front wheel mounted motor too

Would depend on the fork, some have more clearance then others, think there would be just as much clearance as the rear stays...........Curt

Seen it done before with sprocket and chain on the front wheel, didn't look to difficult. Maybe use a small multi speed hub sprocket adapter, or rag joint. ...........Curt
I've seen several sprocket drive front wheel bikes over on the other site. (At least I think I have.)

EDIT:
Here's a photo of one with a sheave and belt drive:
1544742405896.png

Last edited:
It may accelerate faster with a nice powerful little 2 stroke, since instead of pushing its pulling on the front. Might be able to use a mag wheel with the 6 hole and use one of those type sprockets.
My guess is this arrangement would just tend to spin the wheel/lose traction more easily than a rear drive bike. Also, no wheelies.

Synchronizing the carbs would be a little challenging with two engines. But shouldn't be that bad. If you wanted a twist grip throttle, you might have to fab something up.

Weedeater motor would one of those work? I have 2 weedeater motors and a chainsaw motor. All have carberator issues but they run I put gas in the sparkplug holes. I assume the chainsaw motor would be more powerful. All are from 25cc-33cc. That clutch in the bike above where would I get one of those?

I was thinking of somehow mounting another 49cc 2stroke where my front basket is.
But Idk if I have the clearance for a sprocket / chain and i have enough tire problems ever 60 - 100 miles so friction setup won't work for me...
Is it possible?
I carry on any given day roughly 20 - 70 lbs, various things....i weigh about 200 lbs.

Attachments

• 20181106_142618_HDR-1.jpg
    20181106_142618_HDR-1.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 61
My neighbor got a 34cc 4 stroke for free (well basically $12 for new carb I just ordered) its a briggs & stratton. I was thinking about helping him attach it to an old green murray would probably be perfect for a FWD setup. I don't know what would be the best chain to use but I was thinking 35 chain or pocketbike chain. I could just get a sprocket welded on the clutch bell but don't know how long it would last.

My neighbor got a 34cc 4 stroke for free (well basically $12 for new carb I just ordered) its a briggs & stratton. I was thinking about helping him attach it to an old green murray would probably be perfect for a FWD setup. I don't know what would be the best chain to use but I was thinking 35 chain or pocketbike chain. I could just get a sprocket welded on the clutch bell but don't know how long it would last.
Helping him with his moped projects....Lol I wish I was your neighbor

Back