Frustrated in New Orleans

chicktoolbox.jpg
And good for you!!

Hi Mark,

You want plug and play. mmmm...let me think...

a. friction drive
http://www.bikemotorparts.com/
http://www.staton-inc.com/Details.asp?ProductID=2738

b. Izip
http://www.walmart.com/ip/I-Zip-Urban-Cruiser-Electrical-Bike/5983261?findingMethod=rr

c. no pedal option
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Razor-E150-Electric-Scooter-Red/8216520?findingMethod=rr

d. buy an already made 4 stroke bike (id probably pick a honda or subaru-robin engine)
less tinkering, more durable overall compared to 2 strokes imho

Now Mark, b. and c. fit your description of plug and play.
- PLUG the charger attached to b. or c. into your homes electrical outlet
- PLAY ---> "Get on that thing and ride!!!" (credit for this saying goes to a MBer on a MB Forum, sorry I dont know who off the cuff)

I'm thinking option c. would be a good fit for you based on your posts! :) j/k

There are many experienced MBers in this forum that can/ and are willing to help you, but YOU have to let them help you.

I do wish you good luck on your build.

:)

plug N play option

Bicycle---Grubee GT1 or 2. and any of the grubee engine kits. About as pure plug and play as you'll find. bicycle-engines.com sells it all:helmet:

Bicycle---Grubee GT1 or 2. and any of the grubee engine kits. About as pure plug and play as you'll find. bicycle-engines.com sells it all:helmet:

Question??? What makes a GT! or 2 "about as pure plug and play as you'll find"? I haven't seen the kit first hand, but have done research. Yes the GT1 or 2 might be better then the ole OEM out of the box Chinese engine... the cheap ones. What difference I do read (if represented right) is the fact that ..

From seller site...
"The new 2010 edition comes with a larger exhaust port on the cylinder body for less restriction in air flow, creating more boost in power and speed and a larger front mount that is compatible with bigger bicycle frame sizes. This engine kit also comes with an upgraded high performance CNS carburetor that is designed to improve air flow and efficiency with a larger vent intake, low profile cone-style air filter and the new high quality EPA Good Year fuel line. Another great improvement is the upgraded muffler with built in heat shield for less heat and a longer Palladium cartridge for an extra quite muffler. Newly developed with all the latest components available, these engines are the highest quality and highest performing engines on the market today. Often referred to as the "Rolls Royce" of bicycle engine kits, the Grubee name is well known for the quality and workmanship that goes behind each kit. Have you tried the rest? Now try the best!"

This doesn't make it any more P&P. Both are mounted the same, both have the basic same (exterior) case. Both have to be fitted to the frame. For all piratical purposes the exterior of these engines are all the same. Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting them down....but what makes them any better at P&P?

Years ago I had a customer come to me. He had noise coming from a Chevy V 8 that was (factory re built.. so called professional re builders) rebuilt and someone had installed it for him. I'd bet the engine didn't have 10,000 miles on it....low time. Keep in mind that every small block (265 (some), 267, 283, 302, 305, 307, 327, 350) Chevy engine back then for the most part mounted EXACTLY the same...same engine mount holes, just like these Chinese engines. That's what made them so nice...P&P larger CI engine for a smaller CI, some with minor mods.
Well I tore it apart and what I found was that the engine re builder used the cheapest parts on the market, so cheap that the piston didn't have any skirt. In conclusion, what's on the inside can make a difference... on the outside..No. One installs the same as the other.

Product Requirements

For installing this kit buyer may need some basic hardware skills, tools, and take around 2-3 hours to install and do some adjustments.

Question??? What makes a GT! or 2 "about as pure plug and play as you'll find"?

I think he was talking about the GT bicycles that are sold on the site and that the frames are P&P for motor fit. Without actual dimensions, they look a lot like the dimensions of my bike, and my bike was pretty plug&play as far as motor-mount, motor-fit went.

By no means did it take me three hours, though. I think that now that I have done one, I could maybe assemble one in a long day...

going back to 1st post

Question??? What makes a GT! or 2 "about as pure plug and play as you'll find"? I haven't seen the kit first hand, but have done research. Yes the GT1 or 2 might be better then the ole OEM out of the box Chinese engine... the cheap ones. What difference I do read (if represented right) is the fact that ..

From seller site...
"The new 2010 edition comes with a larger exhaust port on the cylinder body for less restriction in air flow, creating more boost in power and speed and a larger front mount that is compatible with bigger bicycle frame sizes. This engine kit also comes with an upgraded high performance CNS carburetor that is designed to improve air flow and efficiency with a larger vent intake, low profile cone-style air filter and the new high quality EPA Good Year fuel line. Another great improvement is the upgraded muffler with built in heat shield for less heat and a longer Palladium cartridge for an extra quite muffler. Newly developed with all the latest components available, these engines are the highest quality and highest performing engines on the market today. Often referred to as the "Rolls Royce" of bicycle engine kits, the Grubee name is well known for the quality and workmanship that goes behind each kit. Have you tried the rest? Now try the best!"

This doesn't make it any more P&P. Both are mounted the same, both have the basic same (exterior) case. Both have to be fitted to the frame. For all piratical purposes the exterior of these engines are all the same. Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting them down....but what makes them any better at P&P?

Years ago I had a customer come to me. He had noise coming from a Chevy V 8 that was (factory re built.. so called professional re builders) rebuilt and someone had installed it for him. I'd bet the engine didn't have 10,000 miles on it....low time. Keep in mind that every small block (265 (some), 267, 283, 302, 305, 307, 327, 350) Chevy engine back then for the most part mounted EXACTLY the same...same engine mount holes, just like these Chinese engines. That's what made them so nice...P&P larger CI engine for a smaller CI, some with minor mods.
Well I tore it apart and what I found was that the engine re builder used the cheapest parts on the market, so cheap that the piston didn't have any skirt. In conclusion, what's on the inside can make a difference... on the outside..No. One installs the same as the other.

Product Requirements

For installing this kit buyer may need some basic hardware skills, tools, and take around 2-3 hours to install and do some adjustments.

GT 1 and GT2 are grubee bicycles[not engines] that are built for motors.

http://www.bicycle-engines.com/series-bicycles-c-24.html?osCsid=0vg6mcqejh8mcdb29si0jdneo7

They will accept grubee engines or Happy time or the Hausheng 4 stroke with no cutting ,welding etc etc. The original poster was asking about such a bike. To me this bicycle makes the best case for a plug N play or at least as close as you can get

Hi All,

I guess no one liked my suggestions, some jokes. :( Anyways...

Al -
I'm guessing because of the fact that the bike has HD rims, and the rear hub is already set up with the drive sprocket installed is a huuuge facor imho from a non mechanical newbie point of view, such as myself. Not to mention fr and rear brakes, which will eventually have to be upgraded for the serious MB enthusiast.

Bill -
Yes gt1 or gt2 makes sense to me.

BTW, I just read more thoroughly the max torque link about the oil lite bushing from another thread for the g4 t. Thank you again sir. :)

Fellow MB'ers -
Is it me or did several MB'ers get a little bit irritated at newbie Marks posts?

Last edited:
Is it me or did several MB'ers get frrazzed and newbie Marks posts?

Well, when his response to some good, simple advice is "so I'm supposed to walk around with a piece of cardboard in one hand , and a tape measure in the other, iso a bike that will fit? surely there must be a better way" people are going to get rubbed the wrong way. Dismissing advice like that is like saying "Hi. Do my work for me."

Now, if his response had been something along the lines of "there are no bicycle shops in my town, and I've heard horror stories about Wal-Mart bikes. I'm asking for advice because I will have to mail-order to get a good bike", that attitude would have gotten a LOT more mileage.

It's not the question he asked ("what frame is an easy fit?") but his negative response to the advice he was given.

Well dang....I've learned something new today. I was not aware that the GT-1 and GT-2 were in fact bike frames, I always thought that they were a model generation 1 and generation 2 type of engine that Grubee bought that were basically built differently on the inside. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Well, when his response to some good, simple advice is "so I'm supposed to walk around with a piece of cardboard in one hand , and a tape measure in the other, iso a bike that will fit? surely there must be a better way" people are going to get rubbed the wrong way. Dismissing advice like that is like saying "Hi. Do my work for me."

Now, if his response had been something along the lines of "there are no bicycle shops in my town, and I've heard horror stories about Wal-Mart bikes. I'm asking for advice because I will have to mail-order to get a good bike", that attitude would have gotten a LOT more mileage.

It's not the question he asked ("what frame is an easy fit?") but his negative response to the advice he was given.

Well folks there you have it........
A
chick.jpg
..with a..
braim.jpg

Back