Fuel, Compression, Ignition

Cisco

Local time
3:54 AM
This is a fairly open title for a thread, but I wanted to get some opinions. Starting with ignition, I got a lot better performance after ditching the original spark plug and installed an NGK B8HS. This plug series from NGK are now discontinued, and I am having a hard time finding them locally. The local motor sports shop (where I got the B8HS) also had a BP6HS. The 'P' is for projected, and the electrode extends a few millimeters past the base of the plug (see attachment BP6HS). I want to swap my Angle Fire head for a CNC head (see attachment CNC). With the BP6HS plug installed finger tight, you can see that the base is flush with the inside surface of the combustion chamber, and the electrode extends a little ways in (see attachment Chamber). I hope this configuration will improve the overall performance of my engine (opinions?).
The head was advertised as a high compression head, but after a discussion with @Street Ryderz , I don't think this head will actually increase the compression. The real advantage will be cooling. Look at this thing, it's a massive heat sink. I had it installed on my engine for a while, but I went back to the Angle Fire head. I couldn't decide if it looked really good, or really stupid (see attachment CNC_Head). Any opinions regarding compression, or ignition?

Attachments

• BP6HS.JPG
    BP6HS.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 141
  • CNC.JPG
    CNC.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 131
  • Chamber.JPG
    Chamber.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 131
  • CNC_Head.JPG
    CNC_Head.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
The Chinese Z series plugs that comes with these China Girls cross reference to an NGK-B5HS...i go to the next coldest plug which is the NGK-B6HS...These plugs along with the B8HS are no longer available at places like Autozone but are not "discontinued" by the manufacturer...They are only discontinued as in stock items by the stores...i get them as an in stock item at Advance Auto parts stores and im sure there are others that still must carry them as well...The big boys like Walmart, Autozone etc no longer carry them because they don't sell, except to M/B folks like us...They are simply discontinued as a stock item by these stores is all...DAMIEN
This plug series from NGK are now discontinued
You can get them as an in stock item as well at Amazon...Click on amazon.com link below.

Last edited:
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I got the notion about this series of plugs being discontinued from the NGK web site
Im probably getting existing versions still in stock of the B6HS, whereas the replacement for it is only different as being a resistor version of the same heat range plug B6RHS..."R" just means its a resistor plug so as not to interfere with your radio...lol...no radio on my noisy little monster...lol...DAMIEN

Last edited:
I thought the projected tip version might put the electrode in the right spot to get good combustion in that CNC head.
Of that im not too sure about because it would depend on how much protrusion might be too much...folks like @Street Ryderz ... @Chainlube ... @Wrench ...etc. Will probably be of more informational help to you in that endeavour...DAMIEN

Well, here's another question. Do resistor plugs reduce or increase performance in a 2 cycle engine?
I do not believe you should see any difference in performance just because its a resistor plug...Im sure i will be quite readily corrected if im wrong about that...lol...DAMIEN

This is a fairly open title for a thread, but I wanted to get some opinions. Starting with ignition, I got a lot better performance after ditching the original spark plug and installed an NGK B8HS. This plug series from NGK are now discontinued, and I am having a hard time finding them locally. The local motor sports shop (where I got the B8HS) also had a BP6HS. The 'P' is for projected, and the electrode extends a few millimeters past the base of the plug (see attachment BP6HS). I want to swap my Angle Fire head for a CNC head (see attachment CNC). With the BP6HS plug installed finger tight, you can see that the base is flush with the inside surface of the combustion chamber, and the electrode extends a little ways in (see attachment Chamber). I hope this configuration will improve the overall performance of my engine (opinions?).
The head was advertised as a high compression head, but after a discussion with @Street Ryderz , I don't think this head will actually increase the compression. The real advantage will be cooling. Look at this thing, it's a massive heat sink. I had it installed on my engine for a while, but I went back to the Angle Fire head. I couldn't decide if it looked really good, or really stupid (see attachment CNC_Head). Any opinions regarding compression, or ignition?
That's a nice and good chambered head, and that bp6hs is perfect for it, it sits nicely centered in the chamber and should work well as long as it clears the piston dome and allows proper squish your good. I use that same head with b6hs plugs and it works beautifully.

Back