fuel filter help

J

jeffspeeder

i installed a lawnmower fuel filter and it says it will fit motors from 1 to 8 hp but the question is the oil that is in the gas getting strained out by going through the fuel filter?

ya its a small mesh gas is getting through i have not run it since i put it on running the motor will make the gas flow throu the line better right?

it won't make it flow better, the purpose of a fuel filter is to keep any sediment or rust or any other crap from clogging your carb

ya im getting flow but it slow i notice that when i turn the valve on when the motor is offf the gas dose nothardly flow but the bike is on it flows fine

Some of these posts are fairly hard to read due to grammar and the use of vernacular. I'm not a spelling Nazi but do appreciate posts that are easily understood when read.

Notwithstanding, oil is mixed in solution with the gasoline and not separatable by a filter. A fuel filter will not cause higher flow rates but a moderately sized one can act as a miniature fuel reservoir for those of us who have a low and rear mounted fuel tank and ride up steep hills :)

Later,

Back