Fuel,Fire,Compression,And you think it would run

meatball758

Local time
8:30 PM
I am pulling my hair out...good spark..I even pulled the mag stator out to see if the key was sheared but it's not..it's getting fuel, i disconected the kill switch so no problems there...motor has less than 30 miles on it(its a new build) I had the mixture fat and was having sputtering while riding so i though i would pull the plug a clean it..Since then it has not run again...So i installed a new plug, plug wire, and a new NGK plug connector..Good blue spark but it wont run..It wont even spudder..It's like it wont fire under compression...I cleaned the carb and made sure the exhaust is not plugged...Any help...It's a new build and I wanna ride....HELP !!!!!!!

Attachments

• rat bike 013.jpg
    rat bike 013.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 241
just wondering meatball

does it fire a little with some gas poured into the jug ??
if so -- carb problem -- one would think

if no fire with gas into jug plug hole
would have to be some kind of elect problem

I think

get that THING up and running sideways

Crankcase full of raw fuel ?

My snowmobile did that once. They put a drain plug on the bottom of the crankcase. Removed the plug, out drained some gas. Took the spark plug out and pulled it over a few times. It ran well after that. Perhaps you have a similar problem ? :unsure:

Heres a longshot but you say you have compression. Did you check with a gauge or your finger? If you checked with your finger I wonder if it is possible that you have a broken ring and it does not show it until there is a tight seal like a spark plug or a compression gauge? Like I said,It's a long shot...POPS

Wierd problem...try putting the bike back to standard & see if that makes any difference, possibly one of the new parts is faulty.
Did anything happen between the time it was working(but spluttering) & u had the chance to work on it?

Back