Carby Fuel leaking out of NT carb

lukecanna

Local time
12:26 AM
Setup this NT Carb on my new bike and i turn the fuel on then it starting leaking out of the air filter like the bowel was stuck? I then turned the fuel off and started the bike and it ran fine so i turn the fuel back on and it bogs the bike down and starts leaking again? Anyone know how to solve this i took the carb apart and it seemed all fine.

Your float/needle/seat isn't shutting off fuel.
Take carb off and remove the float. Then remove the needle valve from under the float tang.
Check it for corrosion or dirt. You can try cleaning up the seat area with a Q-tip and some carb cleaner.
Reassemble when you think it's good. Try blowing through the fuel inlet gently. With the carb right side up, you should be able to blow into the inlet easily. When you invert the carb, the needle valve should seal the inlet off and you should not be able to blow into it.

I just got a carb that is doing this this out of the box brand new.

The post above was great, but also hold the float underwater to see if its leaking and filling with fuel. Since my carb is clean and new, I am suspecting either improper installation (like the holding pin for tangs fell out) or the float is filling with fuel.

only happened once in 10 or so years, but had one a few weeks ago that had the tickler button stuck down a tiny bit - one could pull it back up by hand and stop the leak, but I took it apart and filed a bit of roughness off the rod it sits on

I went through mine this afternoon and the float needle was hanging up and the main jet was way below the float level. When I went to adjust the tangs it dropped down on its own, so I pulled it all apart and sprayed it with carb cleaner. Now it runs great and no more gushing fuel from the filter.

you can check the needle see if its leaking and also while your in there bend the metal fork tips down just a very very slight bit should lower your float level and help seal the needle better( i had a time where they never tightened the main jet so it unscrewed itself in the float bowl i had to play with the choke too get home)

Back