fuel line connection

mxc235

Local time
1:12 AM
the fuel faucet that attaches to the gas tank easily comes off if you turn the nut a little bit more. there is a small wire inside a groove. now i managed to do it just with fingers. if it happens 2 litres of fuel would go on hot engine. any suggestions?

you stripped it out that wire is its the threads being ripped out you need a new tank and petcock. The petcock faucet just threads tight on the tank if it skips threads its not going to hold fuel. i would drain it out and replace the tank and petcock

Last edited:
how in your opinion it is assembled, not by pressing the two parts together? it is just a not very smart engineering decision (or manufacturing failure), taking into account that tank holds gasoline, not water.
why should i replace new things? i cannot believe that such flaws are found in a thing that is produced on a mass scale.

Last edited:
how in your opinion it is assembled, not by pressing the two parts together? it is just a not very smart engineering decision (or manufacturing failure), taking into account that tank holds gasoline, not water.
why should i replace new things? i cannot believe that such flaws are found in a thing that is produced on a mass scale.
No bo! you don't just press on, you screw on...........thread is meant to be screwed on not pushed on, what you been smokin?

o_O

No bo! you don't just press on, you screw on...........thread is meant to be screwed on not pushed on, what you been smokin?

o_O
im talking about the nut and faucet body that both have a groove, there is metal wire in that groove that holds them together. how is it put there? by placing in one part and pressing together. in my case a little metal maybe got worn off and the connection has become loose.

Last edited:
It's not wire!!!

That is threads ripped out. When things break you replace it no matter if new or old. Stop arguing when you don't like the answer. Think you may be related to @inspectorcritic lol

theres no threads. there are grooves on both sides, in the nut it is deeper; the spring ring is installed in nut. when you stick in the flange the spring ring opens occupying space in the deeper groove and when it fills the groove on the flange it returns to its normal shape filling both of them, thereby creating a connection between nut and flange. when you screw nut too much it can go out the same way; this type of connection is not for big load and when grooves wear out a little it becomes dangerous.

Your descriptions are confusing people. If you want a concise answer, then please take some cell phone pictures and post them..

Because the fuel tank spigot is not held in with a 'wire', it's always threaded into or onto either a male or female 'bung' or nipple. These BTW are the correct terms for where the fuel tap mounts. If a 'wire' came out of this, you quite possibly cross threaded the tap into the tank and stripped off the softer metal on the tap's threading.

This is a really bad situation and you should stop attempting to ride or start the bike until you have replaced either the tap, or tap and tank altogether. These are relatively cheap parts and should be replaced as a matter of your own and other's personal safety.

Back