Fuel line

As long as the outlet of the tank is higher than the inlet of your carb you'll be fine. If your carb is above the tank outlet is where trouble starts. Fluid will level itself if not manipulated with pressure or pumps.

I can't keep it straight up and down because of the fuel line would touch the engine
Build a bracket to route it how you want. I usually just use mechanics wire to wrap around in a coil like and route how needed. If I need a pull one way or other, I have a runner pull it. lol.

As long as the outlet of the tank is higher than the inlet of your carb you'll be fine. If your carb is above the tank outlet is where trouble starts. Fluid will level itself if not manipulated with pressure or pumps.
You forget the filter will trap air, foaming, and with it sideways, blocking fuel flow, causing the engine to run lean, and possible damage.

You think so since it flows to the bowl before it gets delivered to the engine? I always thought the bowl fed the carb and the line fed the bowl. I have heard of the carb vibrating and causing a foam tho so maybe the fuel line might do the same thing.

Nevermind I read the rest of it. Foam essentially clogs the line.

Build a bracket to route it how you want. I usually just use mechanics wire to wrap around in a coil like and route how needed. If I need a pull one way or other, I have a runner pull it. lol.
I've used large hose clamps on my filter then creating a standoff with the extra.

If the water company ain't supplying water, don't matter how big your sink is, you're not doing the dishes. Same with the bowl, if its buzzing, it will foam, draining the bowl, causing it to run lean. Keep an eye on it. If it gets air, burp it. You won't thank me if you do, but if the chance comes it does foam and block and burn the engine up or damage it, you'll remember I said this. lol. I'm not being mean, I want your engine to live a long life. Watch that filter, and make sure you keep the air burped.

If I position the fuel line any more down, the filter rests against the cylinder head. Should I put sometinhg around the filter to protect it from heat?

I can't keep it straight up and down because of the fuel line would touch the engine
Zip tie the fuel line to the top bar on the frame as i can see in the pic that is easily doable...It won't be able to touch the motor then...DAMIEN

Ps...if that fuel filter is too much in the way, just eliminate it...you already have a filter that is attached to the petcock inside the tank, then all you need is to ziptie the fuel line to the top tube/bar to hold it away from the motor.

If I position the fuel line any more down, the filter rests against the cylinder head. Should I put sometinhg around the filter to protect it from heat?
Just switch the pieces of fuel line around, put the filter right beside the carb and have the longer piece go up to the tank. Then use a ziptie to keep the line away from the engine.

Back