Fuel Mixture fuel mixture

P

pianoman8t8

ok, so I've put on around 75 miles on my bike, and I was wondering when i should switch to a leaner fuel:eek:il mixture, and it's currently still at 20:1. I haven't even run a gallon of the 20:1 throught it yet, thought, but I was just wondering. Any ideas? I still have about 1/4 gallon left of the 20:1

-pianoman

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm at exactly the same point as you are, and I plan to burn the whole gallon at 20:1 before I mix some fuel with less oil.

I went thorugh about three gallons at 20:1 before I switched to 32:1 but like everything else with these things I can't say to what extent it is good for the engine either way.

i did a confirmed 20:1 of briggs & stratton for 200 miles, rode it hard but with respect, it's starting to feel really good and it's very reliable.

i've just mixed my first gallon of 40:1, still briggs, it's weaning now and doing great. i changed my plug to a new ngk-b6hs with a hot gap, bumped the needle one groove richer, made a full-breather aircleaner. i should mention the muffler's been fully gutted from the get-go. it thumps very impressively, grooving in real nice now. i can feel enuff power to know i'll be able to use at least a 36 if not a 32 rear sprocket next month.

what notch have you got it on and your mixture screw up top how many turns from fully closed

Just out of curiosity

Chieflets

im in the same boat . ive got about 300 miles on my 48 cc dax engine and was wondering the same thin . been using 20 to 1 was also wondering when to switch up. daxs phamplet that came with the kit says to bump it up to 25 to 1 after breakin . so whats 32 to 1 and 40 to 1 got me confusd im at ocean level so i dont think i need to change the needle in th carb a notch seems to work fine the way it is. larry ca

my dax 70 came with the needle on 2nd slot down. after a lot of messing with it i get my best performance on the 3rd one (i'm as sea-level as it gets)...beefier thump, i can roll at idle and it sounds pretty cool.

the screw is for setting idle, not mixture...set it according to your own conditions.

i use briggs & stratton "easy mix"...it comes in 3.5 oz bottle, i bottle to one gallon for actual ratio of 36:1.

I have over 200 miles on my bike, and I run it on 25:1 all the time. I guess I could probably get more performance by using less oil in the gas, but my plug isn't getting fouled up or anything, so I figure I will just leave it at 25:1. I have a cheap eBay engine, and I don't think it hurts to have the extra oil running through it.

By the way, my mixture is set on the 2nd groove from the top (adjusted by moving the E-clip on the throttle needle).

Also, I looked at the internet about my sea-level height, and Supposedly I'm around 140 ft. above sea level. It ran good on the 2nd groove (from the top), but better low-end power on the 3rd groove (from the top) but also less top-end, and it almost sounded like it mighta been flooding out on the 3rd when WOT.

-pianoman

Back