FUEL PETCOCK FOR IN FRAME TANKS GT, SKYHAWK, EXT.

Nate Livingood

Local time
11:00 PM
I just recently made the leap into an in frame tank style frame and have top notch parts all the way around, I did not take any short cuts because I rode a wal mart bike for a year(cranbrook cruiser) with Chinese hardware, used motor ext. well after sinking around $400 dollars into it for upgrades (fred head, high performance carb and air intake, hub mount sprocket adapter, mag rims the whole nine yards and repairs including but not limited to: wheel bearings crank bearings oil seals, C.d.i and more I'm thinking man, I could have built a nice bike for that kind of money. So here we are after riding my buddies bike (GT frame with all the bells and whistles) I made the decision that I was going to build a bike that was better than his in every way lol. I even got a motor from CR machine (Fred chelminski's shop) But we are at a stand still because I cant find out for certain what petcock I need a lot of people are saying its a 10m x 1/8" others are saying its other things and I just need a definite answer from someone who knows for sure. I Have a CDH frame and the stock petcock from the kits are too big. So can I just find a bolt that will thread in it and take it to the hardware store or what anybody know? I know my local NAPA store has all kinds of ntp shut offs because I went in search for a female one for the 2.5 GAS TANK which they didn't have because of the stupid cheap ass Chinese threads. But anyway if someone who has knowledge of this information could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Like what size they take and where to find them online. By default Ill head to NAPA and get a shut off but they just look tacky because they are big and brass and would stand out like a sore thumb on my bike. Trying to find an actual fuel petcock that will work for it. Thanks in advance.

Measure the diameter then get a few diff thread pitch bolts of that diameter to find one that cleanly threads in. You should be able to get close by eyeballing it. They don't need to be fancy bolts, just the plain ones that should only be like .20 ea.

Once you know the proper thread size, you can just order one online.

cool thanks man. I'm pretty sure its 10m x 1 1/8 npt and I cant find any online Ive read some other guys having trouble too and having to piece something together

I just recently made the leap into an in frame tank style frame and have top notch parts all the way around, I did not take any short cuts because I rode a wal mart bike for a year(cranbrook cruiser) with Chinese hardware, used motor ext. well after sinking around $400 dollars into it for upgrades (fred head, high performance carb and air intake, hub mount sprocket adapter, mag rims the whole nine yards and repairs including but not limited to: wheel bearings crank bearings oil seals, C.d.i and more I'm thinking man, I could have built a nice bike for that kind of money. So here we are after riding my buddies bike (GT frame with all the bells and whistles) I made the decision that I was going to build a bike that was better than his in every way lol. I even got a motor from CR machine (Fred chelminski's shop) But we are at a stand still because I cant find out for certain what petcock I need a lot of people are saying its a 10m x 1/8" others are saying its other things and I just need a definite answer from someone who knows for sure. I Have a CDH frame and the stock petcock from the kits are too big. So can I just find a bolt that will thread in it and take it to the hardware store or what anybody know? I know my local NAPA store has all kinds of ntp shut offs because I went in search for a female one for the 2.5 GAS TANK which they didn't have because of the stupid cheap ass Chinese threads. But anyway if someone who has knowledge of this information could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Like what size they take and where to find them online. By default Ill head to NAPA and get a shut off but they just look tacky because they are big and brass and would stand out like a sore thumb on my bike. Trying to find an actual fuel petcock that will work for it. Thanks in advance.
The pic is how I got mine set up. It's just a stock mot. bike petcock with male thread. I think the one in this ebay ad would be easier to get the fuel line and filter to work with less bends.
View media item 61560Gas Tank Petcock Valve 50cc 60cc 66cc 70cc 80cc 2 Cycle Motorized Bicycle Bike 725058871890 | eBay

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The female opening thread is a 1/8” FIP standard plumbing thread. Lowe’s sells needle valves in that size that will screw right in.

The ones I have are 10mm 1/8npt fip and npt are the same thread said in a different way. They are tapered threads. the valve actually mics at49/128" which is a breath over 3/8" and in mm it's 9.8 so I'm kinda scratching my head as to which it actually is.

These things are all over the place. I once got a tank with a weird external (male) thread coming off from Kings and it actually ended up being compression thread. No standard coupler would thread on it and it was too thin to tap so had to use a compression fitting adapter to rig something up.

Huge pain in the but, was ugly, and expensive...but didn't leak.

These things are all over the place. I once got a tank with a weird external (male) thread coming off from Kings and it actually ended up being compression thread. No standard coupler would thread on it and it was too thin to tap so had to use a compression fitting adapter to rig something up.

Huge pain in the but, was ugly, and expensive...but didn't leak.
The only ones I have ever gotten from Kings with ext. thread were set up for this petcock. I prefer this type for it's ease of indexing. Still we are Talking Kings, and they are definitely like Gump's chocolates.
View media item 61561

The only ones I have ever gotten from Kings with ext. thread were set up for this petcock. I prefer this type for it's ease of indexing. Still we are Talking Kings, and they are definitely like Gump's chocolates.
View media item 61561
That is the exact one they sent me as a replacement for a Jet66cc kit that had the standard male petcock so I had to jerry rig it myself. I searched and could not find that petcock available anywhere but it would have saved me a lot of hassle!

Was an annoying waste of time and money, but better then waiting two months for them to make it right.

That is the exact one they sent me as a replacement for a Jet66cc kit that had the standard male petcock so I had to jerry rig it myself. I searched and could not find that petcock available anywhere but it would have saved me a lot of hassle!

Was an annoying waste of time and money, but better then waiting two months for them to make it right.
For future ref. they are all over on ebay.

Back