Fuel Problem

w3af

Local time
5:58 AM
Hi, i bought a new carb and bikes been running fine, put alot of miles on it since last post.
Yesterday it started cutting out, i changed fuel line & filter, get stream of gas from tank, it idles fine but when i get to half throttle it sputters and acts like it is starving for fuel,
It was running fine,
How should i aproach this problem?
Should i dump the gas, and start there,
Any ideas would be much appreciated
IMG_20180308_160145.jpg

Is your carburetor getting water or ice build up on the filter, or maybe it's clogged up with something else? Almost seems like not enough air for some reason. Always a possibility some water made it into the tank somehow.. Or in the container you used to fill it. Check the air filter, then if it's good look closely in the bowl to see if there's debri in it, sometimes crap just ends up in it and when you give it the gas the venturi effect is strong enough that it sucks it up into the jet and clogs it, so possibly also check the jet. If it's not making some crazy clunking sound then there's not much it could be.

Is your carburetor getting water or ice build up on the filter, or maybe it's clogged up with something else? Almost seems like not enough air for some reason. Always a possibility some water made it into the tank somehow.. Or in the container you used to fill it. Check the air filter, then if it's good look closely in the bowl to see if there's debri in it, sometimes crap just ends up in it and when you give it the gas the venturi effect is strong enough that it sucks it up into the jet and clogs it, so possibly also check the jet. If it's not making some crazy clunking sound then there's not much it could be.

Hi , thank you for responding.
I think it must of been dirt, because i got it where it would run with choke closed, then all of a sudden she was back to normal .
Ill be glad when winter is over here, and i can ride in warmer wheather, i wish they made diff size jets like they do for 2 stroke carbs, i tried drillin out mine to run open air , air breather but it dint work.

I have the one that came with the hausheng 142 f motor, actually have 3 of those, and a 2 stroke carb with the diff size jets, and an adapter, i havent tried it yet tho, i have a honda gxh 50 carb but the throttle mech. Is diff.
I bought the chrome open air breather , and wld like to use it but like i said , first attempt at drillin out jet dint work, .

Back