Matt Barrack

Local time
12:33 AM
So I bought a 2 stroke engine from a store and on the ad it said tbe break in ratio is 10:1 but everywhere else I see selling them it says break in is 16:1. Should I just go with their ratio because it's the only place I found with a different ratio.

I think 16:1 is too excessive.
Just use regular oil (non-synthetic) at 20:1 and don't ride it full speed for more than a short time for the first couple weeks

30 and up is only for synthetic oils

I use a semi-synthetic oil and at 25:1 it was allowing the cylinder to wear down too fast so now I use it at 22:1

Use 32:1 after break in. 6ozs. in first gallon. It works with syn. or non syn.. As far as 32:1 being for syn. oil only? Oh please.
I usually ad just a hint more than the 32:1, but I also check that my front door is locked 2 or 3 times when I leave the house and I'm guessing most don't feel the need to do this sooo .

Last edited:
I do 50:1 with semi-synthetic and have no problems. it's all in how you ride. used to do 40:1 with dinosaur squeezings and had no problems there either.

do any of you naysayers have any research or anything to back up your twisted beliefs?

Back