Fuel ratio

C

Cornbread

Louisiana weather 90 degree what's the correct fuel ratio for a 2 cycle bicycle motor

in summer, I'll throw an extra ounce in a gallon if I'm doing trips in the 30 to 50 mile range - hills are REALLY steep here, so I'm always just a tad rich without actually getting into 4-stroking range

OTOH, these are cheap, disposable motors so not a big deal

in summer, I'll throw an extra ounce in a gallon if I'm doing trips in the 30 to 50 mile range - hills are REALLY steep here, so I'm always just a tad rich without actually getting into 4-stroking range

Agreed but some people on here don’t look at it that way lol. There are plenty of people on here that don’t have the funds we may have to burn through a few motors trying anything haha. But cornbread, safely I would say 20:1 ratio synthetic oil for your first few tanks of mix then 32:1 thereafter. That is being on the safe side though, there’s plenty on here that run a leaner oil mix but there are many different setups for engines on here as well. Unless you stray way off the path these motors are actually quite tough with the exception of a few lemons right out of the box.

Lol yeah they aren't cheap 4 me I got a limited budget

T
Agreed but some people on here don’t look at it that way lol. There are plenty of people on here that don’t have the funds we may have to burn through a few motors trying anything haha. But cornbread, safely I would say 20:1 ratio synthetic oil for your first few tanks of mix then 32:1 thereafter. That is being on the safe side though, there’s plenty on here that run a leaner oil mix but there are many different setups for engines on here as well. Unless you stray way off the path these motors are actually quite tough with the exception of a few lemons right out of the box.

Thanks

Cornbread, I tested the oil ratio thing out pretty carefully.
20:1 is too rich, drips oil everywhere and fouls plugs
32:1 seemed to work well if you are full throttle everywhere, I'd recommend it
40:1 might work well if you are a gentle cruiser with lower rpm and speed
50:1 synthetic scratched up pistons

Back