Engine Trouble Fuel spewing out of air intake, engine has high idle, and can't go above 15mph without bogging down for a few seconds

If you only need half choke to start from cold you're still to rich either from the jet or the angle of the carb is still not letting the float close the needle and seat valve all the way. When your jetted right and everything else is good you should need full choke for a few seconds for a cold start.

To help tune it back in with a long intake, I suggest a real " boost bottle". One tailored to your engine. Use it to tame the idle and transition, which is what a lot of people use them for. Don't buy one, they don't work. They aren't tuned to your engine. There are threads here on how to find out what size hose and bottle you need. It takes a little math, or a lot of guessing. These engines are air instruments. They sing, you need to listen to her song, she tells you what's going on. All machines have a song, or so I see it. You just have to listen in with your machine ears.

I made a proper boost bottle myself, but no luck getting a power increase.

I made a proper boost bottle myself, but no luck getting a power increase.
They dont really increase power. They smooth out a stall point in the flow. Most of them ive seen, factory built, take care of the off idle to main jet transition. Smoothing it out.

Hello. I am having trouble with my engine after transferring it onto a new frame. I had to install an offset intake and take off the large air intake since there was a clearance issue with the frame. Now my bike won't idle consistently, fuel is being spat out of the air intake side, and the bike constantly boggs down when the engine reves above a certain rpm. I've attached a video of the fuel issue: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PLkb1n8E98hQJiaw7
I had this issue, until I bought a new carb, after cleaning, I would turn the fuel on, let the carb fill up, turn it off, then ride it, when it runs out of fuel you repeat.

Back