Full Lighting System.

turn signals

I have small battery operated LED turn signal, horn and BRAKELIGHT assembly, reasonable, Mike

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You can get mercury tilt switches. If you mount one at the right angle, it would activate the brake light while decelerating beyond a certain rate. Might be a problem getting it set so it works right, but doesn't come on on down grades.

example

You can get mercury tilt switches. If you mount one at the right angle, it would activate the brake light while decelerating beyond a certain rate. Might be a problem getting it set so it works right, but doesn't come on on down grades.

example

no need there is some kind of sensor for the wheel or brakes dont no how it works yet but it has a built in sensor for the brake light great find though it'll be awhile before it gets here its comin from hong kong lol:eek:

Regarding that bicycle lighting kit on eBay...the brake light switch mounts on on the rear brake cable, just above the screw on the brake that holds the cable. When you pull the brake lever, it pulls the cable, and the switch hits the cable stop on the brake and closes. I hope you can understand what I'm saying; my powers of description leave something to be desired. Suffice it to say that the switch is clipped onto the brake cable, and when the lever pulls the brake cable, the switch presses against part of the brake, closing it.

A better solution would be the brake levers for an electric scooter that has brake lights. These are easily found on eBay or many web sites (like http://www.electricscooterparts.com/levers.html). These have the brake light switch built right into the brake lever - a much more reliable setup.

Regarding that bicycle lighting kit on eBay...the brake light switch mounts on on the rear brake cable, just above the screw on the brake that holds the cable. When you pull the brake lever, it pulls the cable, and the switch hits the cable stop on the brake and closes. I hope you can understand what I'm saying; my powers of description leave something to be desired. Suffice it to say that the switch is clipped onto the brake cable, and when the lever pulls the brake cable, the switch presses against part of the brake, closing it.

thanks alot i am still waiting 4 it to come.... im very impaitent lol. plus im putting it on lenear pull brakes, that should be fun lol

Last edited by a moderator:
It shouldn't be any trouble at all attaching the brake sensor to linear pull brakes.

ok, i heard prople saing that leaner pull rakes are expensive.... cant remember where though

I'm getting in a little late in the thread but I've built a system similar to the one you describe. I'm using a MR16 - 20 watt halogen spot for the head light and 12v amber and red auto lights for hazard and tail. Attached is a picture of my box and a wiring diagram, let me know if I can be of help.

Attachments

• Box.JPG
    Box.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 365
  • Wiring Diagram.jpg
    Wiring Diagram.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 347
Back