Full Lighting System.

J

JosephGarcia

What I had in mind was a small control box that can be handlebar mounted, power fed from an external battery mounted on frame, and it controls headlight, tailight, turn signals, anything else...

Heres a pic of what I had in mind.
904_guessbattery_1.jpg

That little bix could be handlebar mounted near the throttle, or in the middle, left side, wherever.

I want to get this working in a few days, but I'm not good with wiring, I have the switches, box, wires, lights and everything. But how exactly would I wire up the inside of the box to allow everything to work? The turn signals would need some kind of circuit to flash at a steady rate, and I don't know how to do that. I have the headlight working, tailight should come in tomorrow.

It would be neat if we could standardize these and sell them as kits.

feedback please! Your opinion on what you think of it, or any help in wiring the turn signal circuit.

I love little gadgets like these :D

Bikeguy Joe said:
One more thing joe, how about a brake light switch?

I was thinking the brake light was connected to the headlight switch, so it turns on both. But this idea is flexible.

you could run a 2 filament bulb like a car with 1 filament for tail light and other running from a microswitch to activate as brake light
...I think thats what joe was referring to

azkronic said:
you could run a 2 filament bulb like a car with 1 filament for tail light and other running from a microswitch to activate as brake light
...I think thats what joe was referring to

How would I make it so the brakelight came on when I am braking? Otherwise having to press the switch while im trying to brake doesn't sound very safe.

i'm not recommending one way or the other, just thought i'd show you this...ebay item # 190106783437

surely, if you can find just the brake-light switch somewhere, or the whole kit isn't too expensive either, eh?

Ugh, no. I was tempted to buy that in Big 5 last week. But it's so small, it's really useless.

Autozone has a nice rear motorcycle tail+breaklight, a rectangle, about 4 inches long by 1.5 tall. I'm using that. It also has a license plate illuminator light, not that I'll use it. Mounted on a rear fender like the Whizzer

904_05whizzer0_1.jpg

For about 14.99

For the turn signals, I made them already, not too pretty. I ripped off the plastic reflectors, two white ones, painted them with clear orange, fit a small bulb behind them. The reflectors with a bulb behind them end up looking like the tailights on a car. Looks good when lit.

well! :p

i was talking about using the brake-light switch that comes with it, or finding just that part somewhere 8)

l think you idea is great, but did everyone forget that your riding a bike and not a motorcycle? l dont think turn signals will help you when that old lady runs you off the road..........

Back