Full rear-fender for Schwinn OCC chopper?

Cavi Mike

Local time
4:11 AM
I'm thinking my next build is going to be one of the Schwinn Choppers but there isn't enough coverage on that rear fender. Since I ride in all weather, that poses quite a problem. Are there any full-fender options around for this thing?

make one out of a boat trailer fender.
just because there's not a full fender available commercially, doesn't mean that you can't make one.
or get yourself 2 stock o.c.c. fenders cut them apart and weld them together to make one big fender.

I'm well aware of the fabrication process but I would much rather find something that fits before going the DIY route.

I don't know, it looks to be about the same length as the stock occ rear fender. by the time you get that fender mounted to the frame, it will end up only covering 1/2 of the exposed rear tire just like the stock one.
it sounded like you were looking for a fender to cover 3/4 of the rear tire, which to me, means that you would need a fender that is roughly 1/2 the diameter of the tire.
figure in how the fender mounts to the frame (covering roughly 1/4 of the tire) and then the length needed to get it to cover the tire outside of the frame (roughly 1/2 of the tire)

When I originally measured it I thought it was only 14" long but you're right, it's practically the same size at 17". I wish I would have double-checked before I bought it.

you could always just re-list those fenders and sell them.
or...I know a guy who is into restoring mini bikes who might be interested in them if you want to sell them (If the rear one doesn't work for you.)

Turns out it's significantly longer than the OEM fender but the curvature is wrong and won't work. Oh well, back on eBay they go! I found an OEM full-coverage fender on there anyways, I guess it came on one of the models.

Back