full suspension 20" MTB build

hi everyone,

ive been on this forum for a while but i havent posted here since i built electrics more than anything. but now that ive just built a gasser, i want to share what ive done:

179b33a3.jpg

i started with this 20" mountain bike which i dont really ride.
a079415d.jpg

here is my power plant that im using. its a Cag 47cc motor.

so the building started:
435fbd75.jpg

i made the sprocket by hand since i couldnt find a 100 tooth #25 sprocket anywhere online at scooter or bike parts store.
da303d56.jpg

here is the finished sprocket. not bad for being a piece of scrap steel and cut out with a dremel.

i had to make a motor mount. it couldnt fit in the frame, so i had to mount it on a rack.
5826423c.jpg

some gold paint since i didnt like millscale of the angle iron i made the mount of.
92b739b3.jpg

the sprocket and motor together on the bike to check for chain alignment.

30aa547c.jpg

all together ready for a ride.

i took it out today for its maiden voyage and its pretty quick.its only geared for 30 mph, due to the fact that i like to have more acceleration than anything. but i got it up to 27 mph because i need to play with the carb a bit. ill try to get a video of it in action in the next week.

thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!! i have the extact same bike laying around but thought i would not be able to use it. thank you. is there any problems with the design after been using it for awhile??

thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!! i have the extact same bike laying around but thought i would not be able to use it. thank you. is there any problems with the design after been using it for awhile??

after my 2nd gallon of gas through it, i noticed the chain would derail under hard acceleration. that was because i put that one turnbuckle on the chain side too close to the pivot on the mount causing it to flex real bad. so i moved the turnbuckle towards the back so my mount doesnt flex as bad anymore. and as far as mileage goes, i dont think i barely have 50 miles on it, because i only put 2 1/2 gallons through it so far. i also noticed that this thing has really bad mileage, about 20 mpg. but it could be me enjoying it too much because i noticed myself going full throttle a lot of the time.:devilish:

OK well I'm gonna put a 127cc go cart motor on my 24 inch verion with 32 tooth sprocket. What do u think?

Last edited:
Back