Full Suspension Bicycle

A

andyinchville1

HI All,

I have been seriously looking for another bicycle to mount a Dax 70 engine on.

I want a full suspension bicycle but have been unable to find a particular model with a satisfactory rear suspension (most have the shock right where the engine needs to fit in)....Is there a full suspension bike out there that would work for the Dax 70?

Thanks!

Andrew

The geometry is agin ya. If you find one where you can mount the engine, how will you get the power to the pivot point and still have pedals? Don't get me wrong, I'm rootin for ya. If you figure it out, that's something I would want to copy.

The Next Avalon is so close to being what I was looking for when I went looking for a suspended comfort bike to motor but modern styling apparently dictated that the down tube be curved upwards in a pointless manner rather than a classic S cruiser shape. Just not enough room for the motor.

KHS Solo One?

KHS makes a mountain Single Speed with what is called a Soft Tail. The mono seat stay has a slip joint with a elastomer inside. The chain stays flex and provide 1in.-1.5in. of travel. These bikes come with Rockshock front suspension. They can be found on the used market for $150.00 - $200.00
There should be room for an engine in the medium to large sizes.

ocscully

Get a springer or shock fork and a suspension seat post. Problem solved.

Get a springer or shock fork and a suspension seat post. Problem solved.

I'm not a big fan of suspension seatposts, only cuz when you get off the seat to absorb the really big bumps or drops. You are then loosing the rear suspension and having to rely on your legs to take in the absorbtion. Now this shouldn't be a problem if you're riding smooth roads all the time, but if you decide to go off-road on some difficult trails. Then you could definitely benefit from a nice cushy rear end. However; I'm not sure if it's at all possible to mount one of these Made in China bike engine kits on a full suspension framed bike. I think that if you were to find a frame with enough space to mount the engine, you would run into some engine drive chain slack issues each time the rear wheel would move up and down to absorb the big bumps and landings. Anyone here have any luck mounting these engines into a full suspension mountain bike???

Cheers...........
Steve

I think a jack shaft that runs thru the rear swingarm pivot point would work to eliminate the chain tension problems.

Since the pivot point is generally the center of the bottom bracket, perhaps you could move the pedals a bit?

Hmmmm....I have a pile of old junk bikes....looks like maybe this winter I'll try fabbing up a whole frame....Only problem with this approach is the fact that most of the bikes I would be taking parts from are old and cheap bikes (not that that is bad) but I was hoping to get a moderate quality mountain bike prebuilt with some good components on it...Oh well, it'll be a good first stab at a full suspension bike at least....
Andrew

take a look at a classic dayton twin flex very pricey but if your making a frame you could possibly use that idea nostalgic.net

Back