future So Cal MBer here...

Keep looking for a engine friendly Bike shop. They are out there. Look for an older guy working the tools. I found one in Portales NM that is a fount of Whizzer lore and homemade matag powered bicycles. Also the woman mechanic who keeps my Cannondale up is quite open to powered bicycles.

Hey Kahunna I think I just found a friendly shop today!

There's a small place 7 blocks down the street from where I live that does repair, rentals and sells used bikes - guy goes to the police auction, picks up some bikes, fixes 'em up if need be and sells them.

I said I was looking for a second bike to put an engine kit on....then waited for the reaction.....he said he just put one on for a guy a week ago! A frame mount he said with a belt instead of chain, don't know what engine or kit/ brand...I asked if it was a Whizzer and he said no. He did say he too had a Whizzer a long time ago so you can bet I was happy to hear that!

It looks like they could be helpfull with any installation problems too!

Oh, so if any current or future members are looking for a friendly bike shop around my area the place is called Bicycle Ambulance. On the corner of Pico & 7th street right across from Santa Monica High School.

Cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back