future So Cal MBer here...

S

sabala

Hi all, I live in Santa Monica, Ca. I have no mechanical experience at all but I know I want a motor on my mountain bike!

Looking at GEBE or a friction drive, (Dimension Edge/Staton) to start my motorized experience. Can't wait!

I know what you are saying, about needing a motor on the bike. I got in trouble a few years ago, while touring in Utah. We were stopped at a rest stop in Zion national park, when a pare that were bicycling across America stopped with us. The young lady nearly fell down from exhaustion, as she stopped. I just had to make the comment "You know you don't have to do that any more, they did invent the internal combustion engine". Well you should have seen the look I got, it would kill. She never said a word to me, I wonder why! Have fun, Dave
PS: I am in Long Beach, not far. There are a bunch of good places to ride in P.V. around Fort Macarthur, to the Light House.

Awesome! Thanks everyone.

Egor, I used to pedal my bike from Santa Monica to Beverly Hills (9 miles) then run my butt off in valet parking for 8 or 9 hours straight with only one 15 minute break then pedal my bike back home and I probably looked like that lady you saw.

Had someone mentioned I could get a bike engine I would have started groveling at their feet. "Where? WHERE?? TELL ME PLEASE!!"

Better late than never I guess.

I also mentioned "motorized bicycle" at the bike shop for the first time the other day. The eyeballs of the dude almost fell out. WHAAAAA?????? With the whole eye roll and attitude to match.

Ooooooook, I see how it is now!

Said someone had brought one in and it weighed a hundred lbs or something. Maybe a Whizzer I'd imagine? Anyway, I can't wait to cruise pass that shop with my motored bike one day.

G'day man and welcome to MBc.
Don't worry,soon you'll be motoring past that bike shop with a HUGE smile on your face.
Members here are happy to help as much as possible but it's also up to u to READ as much as possible first...read read read previous threads to get a good understanding of how to go about things.There's plenty of do's and dont's,plenty of great info. :)

Back