FYI 415 chain

Well the update is that I haven't gotten the chain from the eBay seller to be named soon....I paid for priority shipping (2-5 days) and it's been 12 days and all I got was a lame excuse from the seller as to why it HASN'T EVEN BEEN SHIPPED YET!.

what that usualy means is, He ordered it from his supplier and his supplier has not shipped it from timbucktoo yet.
A lot of the sellers on ebay act like they have a stocked store or a large warehouse when in actuallity, it's some old lazy bum that watches tv all day and runs out of breath doing that!
Well, maybe tomorrow.

Chain is working well-Anyone can do this.

I last posted that my link to my chain came off and I needed a new link or get a new (better) chain. I got the link and the chain has done real well as of the first 100 miles on the new chain and engine. So far the whole kit has worked well after putting a days reading on this site here. I don't see why I would need to go much faster. I'm in the hills of ct. and the pot holes and ruts in the road can be very unforgiving and to top that you have cars in such a hurry it scares me some. I don't think the gas mileage is as good as what is stated in the sale statement. Anyone have a good count of the mileage per half a gal. Over all anyone having a problem starting out ....you can find all you need on this site. If I can do this anyone can. I thank all who give input into this site. Thank you!

I replaced my chain with a roller chain from a local agribuisness. the box says "41 riv. roller chain 10 feet 240 pitches" it is the same pitch and roller size but slightly(.040 or so) wider. this has worked for me for about 140-150 miles.

thats a handy chart. looks like I got lucky and have the #2000 lb chain and its .062 wider than the .415 that came with the kit not .040 like I had guessed. also it only cost $10-$11

Back