FYI - talking to police

Hunt - ever though about getting a Ca motorized license plate ? If you are under 2 hp I think it's a good way to avoid getting stopped - have had a couple of the pooolice get behind me and just stare at the not so common plate - one time Ca cost 18 dollars - no pull overs - YET. You riding through the rough part of town - yes - those cops already have a FULL PLATE !!! Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Unless you have knowledge of your rights you usually hurt yourself more than help. I teach all my girlfriends this one. I tell em to say "I would like to excersize my constitutional right not to speak to you, am I free to go?" If the answer is no ask for a lawyer if the answer is yes then walk away. The reason is if you are not free to leave then you are legally under arrest. If you are under arrest then you have the right to have an attorney present during questioning. Cops arent trying to prove my innocence so I never answer any questions.

Some of us are under informal probation because we ere stupid kids and had a few drinks thinking its okay to drive. The 5th wont work so well.

regarding the CA plate thing... If I get that, does it mean I need a drivers license to operate my bike? I'm trying to stay below the radar..

Mind sending me a link about info on obtaining that plate....

Hunt - No - don't need a drivers license to have a plate. I think that it may be a good way - to not get in the radar. Do you fit the requirements - peddles - under 2 hp - not faster than 30 mph ? If so - you may want one ? Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Some of us are under informal probation because we ere stupid kids and had a few drinks thinking its okay to drive. The 5th wont work so well.

regarding the CA plate thing... If I get that, does it mean I need a drivers license to operate my bike? I'm trying to stay below the radar..

Mind sending me a link about info on obtaining that plate....

Wow it sounds like you and me are in the same boat. I just got off the informal probation but I still won't have my license back for 3 more years. That is my main influence to getting one of these bikes. (well that and I don't enjoy spending half my paycheck on gasoline).

Southern California's cops... especially in my city are a real pain, I do like the just don't talk type of thing, but that is easier said than done :p.

I would love to have some real papers that stated that the bike was not illegal to operate on the road, I think that could really shut up a few cops.

Back