G2 Reed Stuffers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 30059

Local time
5:09 AM
For those of you using G2 reeds, heres a stuffer I made. A stuffer helps reduce turbulence in the intake tract and reducing volume, improving low to mid end response.

The size I have made is 25mm ID but I can make a smaller ID version as well just ask.

Free access on thingiverse to 3d print, or if you want one cheap let me know.

Attachments

• 20200110_165908.jpg
    20200110_165908.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 313
  • 20200110_165914.jpg
    20200110_165914.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 311
  • 20200110_165920.jpg
    20200110_165920.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 351
  • 20200110_165854.jpg
    20200110_165854.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 353
  • 20200110_165845.jpg
    20200110_165845.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 379
Damnit, now I need to double up on trying to convince my boss to buy a 3d printer for the company. I'd love to get some more low to mid end out of my g2 knockoff. Swapping to it and a window'd piston gave me a few more mph topend but killed my low to mid range torque

Take a good look at the stuffer in the video and then look at your's,notice anything different?

Take a good look at the stuffer in the video and then look at your's,notice anything different?

That one is directed a little more to the flaps. I don't see any other difference.

I have many versions of this stuffer

The other reason for my design was that our reeds do not flow straight to the transfers like conventional case reeds. The one shown on the video doesnt have to go through another block in order to be in the crancase so it can flow up and out of the cage right away. Ours do, we have to go through another small port in the g2, therefore I kept it directed at that port. I haven't done a proper flow analysis on either way but both can be tried, and I'm sure the net change will be negligible in oir case

The other reason for my design was that our reeds do not flow straight to the transfers like conventional case reeds. The one shown on the video doesnt have to go through another block in order to be in the crancase so it can flow up and out of the cage right away. Ours do, we have to go through another small port in the g2, therefore I kept it directed at that port. I haven't done a proper flow analysis on either way but both can be tried, and I'm sure the net change will be negligible in oir case
No reed induction type flows straight into the transfers think about what is happening when the intake charge is during the up stroke then transferred during the down stroke it's not rocket appliances LOL.The one above is the same as any,that's the cage not the block and yours is restricting about 40% of it's flow in a way that will cause eddy's and effect the velocity your trying to improve.Where you really need a stuffer is between the cage and block taking up all the dead space that effects port/case volume.

No reed induction type flows straight into the transfers think about what is happening when the intake charge is during the up stroke then transferred during the down stroke it's not rocket appliances LOL.The one above is the same as any,that's the cage not the block and yours is restricting about 40% of it's flow in a way that will cause eddy's and effect the velocity your trying to improve.Where you really need a stuffer is between the cage and block taking up all the dead space that effects port/case volume.

Sure they are, they're directed right above the crank to fill the dead space and bottom of the transfers. I'm saying on a G2 reed block my reed stuffer is matched to the intake on the G2 reed block. By going out and around (like the one in the video) you will cause even more turbulence than having it matched to the block. We can't follow directly what other conventional reeds do, due to the fact that they open right up into the case, ours have to go through the tiny reed block opening first. There's actually very little dead space on the G2 reed block to be filled, they are quite tight.

I understand the g2's matched to the port area and it's small but that's the area that needs filled most,sloped inward so as to allow a smoother transition into the port and less volume to keep the velocity up.Here's an animation showing how the intake charge has 2 separate path's even on an engine that doesn't utilize the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back