GA homebuilt Motorcycle registration - are you kidding me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been riding my bikes here just south of Atlanta since 2011 with no problems, mine are single speed CG’s with a flashing rear light a headlight and rear view mirror. I wear a DOT approved helmet also, the only time I got questioned by police was when I came out of a supermarket and a officer was looking my bike over. He asked me all about it and said cool and walked away.

I used to live in Atlanta a while back, If I had a motorized bicycle back then who would ride with MARTA LOL.... I wonder how long it would take you to get from downtown Atlanta to Buckhead....

I'm here a little late, but I'd love to hear from junglepig if he's gotten any cop encounters / how the path to semi-legality has gone. I just built my first bike and I'm a little nervous to get pulled over... the odds are low but the fine is STEEP, and I can't afford it.

I'm here a little late,
YES, you are...about 4 years too late since last reply on this thread...Perhaps you missed that RED LETTER warning hovering over the box you were typing in to NOT revive any threar older than 3 years old...It looked just like this.

Hello berrytoucher, There has been no answer in this thread for more than 3 years. Please create a new thread instead to get more replies.

I'd love to hear from junglepig
Junglepig hasn't been heard from since Jan 21, 2019, just hover your cursor over any members name an/or avatar like on most forums and it will tell you that information...His last reply on this thread was on Nov 12, 2018, almost 5 years ago.

if he's gotten any cop encounters / how the path to semi-legality has gone.
That might be a good question to ask me then since I am a retired police lieutenant,

just built my first bike and I'm a little nervous to get pulled over... the odds are low but the fine is STEEP, and I can't afford it.
Gee, That tells me that you must know for certain that you might be doing something illegal with your bike in Georgia that would incur a steep fine or even more.

Moderators Note:
This thread is now locked due to the fact it is ancient history, and frankly, I am quite tired of people who clearly see the warning to NOT revive threads older than three years old and do it anyways and ignore that warning and simply say they are "tardy to the party".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back