Gas ⛽Tank

Brian Brower

Local time
1:13 AM
Hi there folks. I bought a hundred dollar 2 stroke motor recently. The threads on the tank for the valve are on the outside so the valve screws over it. I noticed most of the valves have the threads on them so they screw into the tank and not over. My question is the tank port threaded on the inside and the outside allowing you to use either type of valve. Male or female. Too late for me to check cause it's full of gas.

Hi there folks. I bought a hundred dollar 2 stroke motor recently. The threads on the tank for the valve are on the outside so the valve screws over it. I noticed most of the valves have the threads on them so they screw into the tank and not over. My question is the tank port threaded on the inside and the outside allowing you to use either type of valve. Male or female. Too late for me to check cause it's full of gas.

simply drain the gas. I also just bought a kit 94 bucks and I had to drain the gas twice already. a nice big mouth bucket and tilt the bike a little keeps from making a mess. ( learned that one on my 2nd drain lol )

Easy way to drain the tank is shut off the valve, remove the fuel line, add a piece of fuel line long enough to drain into a fuel can, turn the valve back on.

As for the original question, I have no idea.

Easy way to drain the tank is shut off the valve, remove the fuel line, add a piece of fuel line long enough to drain into a fuel can, turn the valve back on.

As for the original question, I have no idea.
mine won't drain that way it boggles my mind why not, nothing is blocked.

That makes no sense, your engine shouldn't run if you can't even drain it via the valve that feeds the carb lol..

that's what I was thinking. But I can't drain the tank unless I screw off the valve. I tried it just trickles and I mean rain drop trickles out. I'll have to give that a look again.

that's what I was thinking. But I can't drain the tank unless I screw off the valve. I tried it just trickles and I mean rain drop trickles out. I'll have to give that a look again.
Seems like crap on the internal filter, some tanks just come with rust pre-installed, it's a Chinese thing. Anyway pull the filter that goes onto the screw-in bit if you've got a filter on the fuel line. You probably do have one as most kits come with one.

Seems like crap on the internal filter, some tanks just come with rust pre-installed, it's a Chinese thing. Anyway pull the filter that goes onto the screw-in bit if you've got a filter on the fuel line. You probably do have one as most kits come with one.

I didn't put the filter that horas in the tank on. it was cracked and I seen a few videos that said don't bother putting it on. I only habe the one filter the one that goes on the gas line it's self.

I didn't put the filter that horas in the tank on. it was cracked and I seen a few videos that said don't bother putting it on. I only habe the one filter the one that goes on the gas line it's self.
the line is clear and I don't see any junk in the line

Siphon the gas out. Flush the tank. Install a in line filter and s**t can the tank filter. You may also want to investigate into a self help book on critical thinking or mechanical trouble shooting. You might want to see if you get some flow with the gas cap off.

Back