Gas and brake pedal

RocketJ

Local time
6:55 PM
So here's an idea. Most older motorcycles have a foot brake. What if i were able to attach another pedal next to that brake and wire it to the carb, creating a gas pedal? Aside from being a bit wider, i think it would work pretty well. What are your thoughts?

So here's an idea. Most older motorcycles have a foot brake. What if i were able to attach another pedal next to that brake and wire it to the carb, creating a gas pedal? Aside from being a bit wider, i think it would work pretty well. What are your thoughts?

I'm not sure what is the point of this... you want to drive with no hands? most motorbikes have brake pedal because one of the hand levers is used for the clutch...

Don't get me wrong, I believe will be a cool thing to try and build, but I want to understand your motivation.

I'm not sure what is the point of this... you want to drive with no hands? most motorbikes have brake pedal because one of the hand levers is used for the clutch...

Don't get me wrong, I believe will be a cool thing to try and build, but I want to understand your motivation.
My bike design has no clutch. Just a single speed centrifugal clutch. The dual pedal set up would minimize movement and would allow a more fluid movement for riders better acquainted with driving. Basically it would give you the feel of driving a car more than riding a motorbike.

it won't feel like a car, it'll feel like a prewar bike. not that there's anything wrong with that, but I don't think you'll get the results you're after. maybe with a steering wheel and some extra wheels, but at a certain point it stops being a bike and starts being an exceptionally slow car

Soooo, how would you still pedal the bike? Or would it no longer be a bicycle?
It wouldn't have pedals anymore. I plan on building something similar to an indian powerplus. The pedals would be replaced with foot boards.

it won't feel like a car, it'll feel like a prewar bike. not that there's anything wrong with that, but I don't think you'll get the results you're after. maybe with a steering wheel and some extra wheels, but at a certain point it stops being a bike and starts being an exceptionally slow car
I see your point. However, i wont be making any other outrageous modifications. I feel that the pedal set up would make movement a bit smoother. I'll make a few mock ups. I'd love to keep the foot brake, but if the gas pedal doesn't play out property, then I'll scrap it.

Back