Gas Bikes vs. Electric Bikes: Pros and Cons List (2021)

I chose gas, because it's better for the environment. Them electric bikes take quite a bit of fancy smachy metals and yada yada, not trying to be a tree huge, i just chopped one up. Beer cans and a few pieces of rebar made my engine. lol. Plus i get way further, way faster, and refuel way quicker on gas, than electric will ever allow.

I chose gas, because it's better for the environment. Them electric bikes take quite a bit of fancy smachy metals and yada yada, not trying to be a tree huge, i just chopped one up. Beer cans and a few pieces of rebar made my engine. lol. Plus i get way further, way faster, and refuel way quicker on gas, than electric will ever allow.
You may get more range but refueling can be done in the same time with a battery swap. Electric bikes can have way more torque and speed though.

You may get more range but refueling can be done in the same time with a battery swap. Electric bikes can have way more torque and speed though.
I can fuel up a gallon and hyper mile to over 200 miles with my 5 speed( done it treking a really long bike path). About 8 lbs of fuel, that gets lighter the more I burn. How much does the batt pack to go 200 miles weigh? Not caring about fuel and having fun, that same gallon is around 130-150 miles. Again, 8lbs, less than 30 seconds to fill, and back on the way. Plus I can get fuel anywhere, even oil.

and you have to carry the dead batt's back. lol.

edit: not knocking electric, it's just not for me. Instant torque is nice, but I like the range and dirt bikeish feel of a Piston powered motor.

I'd just love to see your longest-ride data... Karl. The decision is kind of moot for people that don't actually ride much. Stay safe.
I stopped loggin everything when i realized my bikes werent dying as fast as i was told they would. Lol. Pretty much just log hours over miles now. Except for my junk yard looking bike. Shes at 3907miles as of sunday. Longest ride was all day. Im guessing round 12 hours, most of it just enjoying the scenery. Popped my trailer full of gas and snacks on back and slapped a few marleys in my pouch and some spare parts. And rode and rode and rode. Never even needed the tool kit and parts. Straight to my destination was 70 miles. I never go straight too it. Have to explore. I used almost 2 gallons that day riding. I believe i logged about 280 miles, have to look to be sure. An ya electric is awesome for the short rides in town. Which would be most riders. Not that electric is bad, seen some electric that would waste a harley off the line. Just way to costly for what ya get in my book. Plus ya really dont get much customizing or tinkering. An electric motor can't really be upgraded without putting on a bigger motor. I'm gonna do a hybrid one day. Electric in front for bump starting an extra torque on massive hills, and HT for main drive.

I stopped loggin everything when... Pretty much just log hours over miles now. Longest ride was all day. Im guessing... I believe i logged about 280 miles... ... I'm gonna...
Ahhhhhhhhh, I get it, I thought we were talking about bicycles, yeah I have owned motorcycles most of my life too. How far away from a gas station have you ever been? Not being limited to where I can ride is far more important to me than being able to ride fast with no effort. Riding around "enjoying the scenery" wearing earplugs must suck! Apples and oranges... Karl.

Ahhhhhhhhh, I get it, I thought we were talking about bicycles, yeah I have owned motorcycles most of my life too. How far away from a gas station have you ever been? Not being limited to where I can ride is far more important to me than being able to ride fast with no effort. Riding around "enjoying the scenery" wearing earplugs must suck! Apples and oranges... Karl.
We talking bicycles here. If we go motorcycles, well ive cross the country many of times on small and large bikes. Idk how loud your motorized bike is, but i make mufflers for mine. 😆

So im guessing most of you spend hundred of dollars on these bikes just to go a block or two to grab some pop or beer from the gas station. Some of us actually ride our bikes more than a block and a half at a time. Lmfao
You're barking up a bigger tree than you think... Mr. "Snarl"... hahahah that kills me, why are you hiding Karl? Talk is talk, you might as well start spinning fish tales too. "One time I caught a fish Soooooo big..."

I've said it before,
One is not better than the other.
Each have their own Pros and Cons
Each are UNIQUE in their own way
Each have their own STYLE of riding.

I ♥️ to ride. This is why I have a M/C a M/B and an E bike

Only a Biker knows why a 🐶 hangs his head out of the car window

LIVE TO RIDE & RIDE TO LIVE

If I had to chose just one bike to have, It would most DEFINITELY be my MOTORCYCLE

If I had to Choose between my Whizzer M/B and my RAD ROVER 5 Fat Tire E Bike it would most DEFINITELY be my Whizzer M/B

If I had to choose between my E Bike and my regular bicycle it would most DEFINITELY be my
I was just making a joke. lol. I thought we were teasing each other back and forth? lol. Although gas is way better than electric if you use if for more than a small trip. All electric really does is put the pollution in someone else's back yard. An honestly idc what ya ride, just that ya ride. MY buddies all ride harley, I ride vintage kawasaki. I buy old beat to crap kaw's and restore them to vintage condition. Love my kaw's. They tease me about my pick in bikes, yet all of mine have already outlasted their harley's and will keep going long after I die.

Seriously though, I though we were just teasing each other. take no offense to what I said, was all in fun and games. I don't hate electric, I'm just old an like my piston engines more. Like I said, I plan on making a hybrid for my comfort cruiser. I just got done( few mins ago) tapping the manifold I made so I can tack the studs in and slide the saw carb and velocity stack on. If you took the back and forth as aggression, toss tht out the window. Was just me teasing back.

Back