Gas Bikes vs. Electric Bikes: Pros and Cons List (2021)

You're barking up a bigger tree than you think... Mr. "Snarl"... hahahah that kills me, why are you hiding Karl? Talk is talk, you might as well start spinning fish tales too. "One time I caught a fish Soooooo big..."
Biggest fish I caught was 55lbs, right out of the pacific. Well really my uncle helped reel it in, at the time, I was 40lbs and a small child. Fish was bigger than me and could have swallowed me in one gulp. I stopped swimming in the ocean when we went out way past sight of the shore. Was to scared I'd be eaten after that. an bro, i'm not caring one bit what anyone thinks. I don't come here to brag. If I did, i would be posting all the video's up to go with it. Don't care if anyone believes anything, I did what I said for me, and me alone. You guys can go limit yourselves with " oh it can't be done", while I advance myself with " lets see how I can make that work". Been fabricating and working on engines my whole entire life. I know thing or two, and don't brag that im some master mechanic and learned from jet drag mechanics, funny car mechanics, stock car mechanic, dirt bike mechanics, etc. If they was wrong, they never would have been paid to build them racers. I'm not a master mechanic, I did how ever learn from some of the best. An again, idc what anyone of you believe what I lived through, I was there. ;)

edit:: I don't hide. I work. An when you are making as much as I make, trust me being on your phone is not cool. I'm head machinist. I set an example for my workers. I only use my phone on lunch, breaks, and when I'm pooping. Plus boss lady would knock me the fuq out if she caught me on my phone. She told me " Jim, I pay you way to much to be a maid, you have workers to clean, I pay you to make money, not sweep up." So she looks at my work highly, and I plan on keeping it that way, seeing as I just asked for 5% more, and she said " Done, you'll see it on the next check."

Last edited:
I was just making a joke. lol. I thought we were teasing each other back and forth? lol. Although gas is way better than electric if you use if for more than a small trip. All electric really does is put the pollution in someone else's back yard. An honestly idc what ya ride, just that ya ride. MY buddies all ride harley, I ride vintage kawasaki. I buy old beat to crap kaw's and restore them to vintage condition. Love my kaw's. They tease me about my pick in bikes, yet all of mine have already outlasted their harley's and will keep going long after I die.

Seriously though, I though we were just teasing each other. take no offense to what I said, was all in fun and games. I don't hate electric, I'm just old an like my piston engines more. Like I said, I plan on making a hybrid for my comfort cruiser. I just got done( few mins ago) tapping the manifold I made so I can tack the studs in and slide the saw carb and velocity stack on. If you took the back and forth as aggression, toss tht out the window. Was just me teasing back.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, are you still talking bicycles... Karl? Because everything that comes out of your mouth screams motorcycle. Do you know the American definition of ebike, or Low-Speed Electric Bike? You simply can't ride where I do for the most part. And I'm not talking some POS like a Rad ebike... any of them.

wth is screaming motorcycle? because I trust my bike to take me 300 miles in a day? Is yours just not tht trust worthy being electric and all? Get wet and it stops? whats the deal?

an wtf would I attach a bike trailer to a motorcycle and ride the 100's of miles of bike paths around here? makes no sense at all bro

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, are you still talking bicycles... Karl? Because everything that comes out of your mouth screams motorcycle. Do you know the American definition of ebike, or Low-Speed Electric Bike? You simply can't ride where I do for the most part. And I'm not talking some POS like a Rad ebike... any of them.
you can read, right? You brought up motorcycles, remember, oh hey its in writing, read back........

you can read, right? You brought up motorcycles, remember, oh hey its in writing, read back........
Sorry, Mr. Anonymous but I'm out... You stay safe on those 1000 miles rides... but seriously man, wear earplugs and don't venture too far from a gas station.

"The current CPSC definition of an ebike is “(1) a two-wheeled vehicle that is solely human-powered or (2) a two or three-wheeled vehicle with fully operable pedals and an electric motor of less than 750 watts (1 h.p.), whose maximum speed on a paved level surface, when powered solely by such a motor while ridden by an operator who weighs 170 pounds, is less than 20 mph (i.e., a low-speed electric bicycle).”

ebike = Low-Speed Electric Bicycle/ Class-1 ebike. I'm out.

Get the best of both worlds go hybrid. One day I hope to use this Staton Inc hybrid gearbox on a build.
3240-5.jpg

The motor would add assist to the small cc engine. When the motor wasn't in use and forward momentum was being done by gas and/or human power and/or gravity descent the motor would act like a generator to put charge back into the battery.

Sorry, Mr. Anonymous but I'm out... You stay safe on those 1000 miles rides... but seriously man, wear earplugs and don't venture too far from a gas station.

"The current CPSC definition of an ebike is “(1) a two-wheeled vehicle that is solely human-powered or (2) a two or three-wheeled vehicle with fully operable pedals and an electric motor of less than 750 watts (1 h.p.), whose maximum speed on a paved level surface, when powered solely by such a motor while ridden by an operator who weighs 170 pounds, is less than 20 mph (i.e., a low-speed electric bicycle).”

ebike = Low-Speed Electric Bicycle/ Class-1 ebike. I'm out.
Idk 150 plus miles on 8 lbs of fuel, way better than 108lbs of batteries to carry there and back. An all tthat water and muck, oh poor electric, just craps out when it gets wet. I like my bikes like I like my women, wet and rode hard! To bad it takes a huge batter pack, like a fat woman, to get you the same distance....... I don't think I need to worry bout a gas station as much as you need to worry about where to put your 100 batteries to get ya where you need to be.

Get the best of both worlds go hybrid. One day I hope to use this Staton Inc hybrid gearbox on a build.
View attachment 106365

The motor would add assist to the small cc engine. When the motor wasn't in use and forward momentum was being done by gas and/or human power and/or gravity descent the motor would act like a generator to put charge back into the battery.
How much that cost ya?

It'd take designing an electric throttle/clutch combo. A through shaft motor. You'd also need a left side whizzer belt drive pully on the wheel and some freewheels. Along with a custom built controller.
I thought it was something you bought. You have to buy things when it makes sense, and make things when that makes sense. Something like that would probably be easier for me to buy, reverse engineer, and decide if my time is worth more than my money. Lots of time machining a case, gears, shaft's, designing my board for the controllers, soldering the controllers, etc.

Back