gas & electric tour set up

L

locoWelder

Ok I know I'm going to use a Staton kit on my GRR recumbent but now I'm looking into making a 12 volt chargeing system to charge a 12 volt car battery with a small 300 watt power inverter to run my laptop and other things at night when camping out, any Ideas on putting one together guys?:confused:

12 volt

for about 120 bucks you can have quite a bit of power.if you use solar panels.especially if your out on the road for the day.a 6 lb 12 volt 8 ah deep cell will give 3x the energy of a car battery.and lots less weight.just a alternative way to charge.

Attachments

• d_179.jpg
    d_179.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 353
Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm going to try a 60 amp handa 12 v regulated alt attached to the trailer tire and rim(like a gebe setup) and pull it around on a couple of long rides and see if it will charge a battery, I hope it works, this will save me from getting a motel just to charge things and leave more time for riding, I'm hoping for 200 miles a day or round abouts...... P.S. I'll be around Long Beach ca the end of Jan..... hope to see ya Old pete and the socal gang!

Keep us posted. It seems like sometimes when someone takes off on a long trip, we don't hear anything until they get back. It would be cool to hear what's going on during the trip. If nothing else, I'd like to hear about events while they are still fresh in your mind. Roll on.

^ True that, 'van.

A nice lil' SoCal MotoredBike G2G sounds in order... I'd like to meet the few characters here from SlowCal meself. Keep us posted of your progress! and we'll try to figure out a convenient place to convene (though that might mean I need a roof rack for the car; L.A.'s pretty freaking huge and I won't ride through half of it).

Good luck on the charging system; I hope it doesn't create too much drag, then it'd be awesome.

:)~

Unbelievable!

I ran into Dave/locoWelder today in Venice Beach, CA!!! He's already been to FRICKIN' FLORIDA and back... LOL. What an animal!

Attachments

• 0206081330.jpg
    0206081330.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 388
Last edited by a moderator:
Back