Gas frame Petcock hole doesn't fit stock petcock or a high quality one. What should i do?

I bought a felt faker from from Zelda Motorsports and had the same issue. I ended up screwing a plastic fitting with a fabric washer to the tank,and it worked. I then installed the shutoff in the middle of the fuel line

I bought a felt faker from from Zelda Motorsports and had the same issue. I ended up screwing a plastic fitting with a fabric washer to the tank,and it worked. I then installed the shutoff in the middle of the fuel line
Threading on the tank is M10x1.50. Only place I have found that sells metric is amazon.
For $10 you can order. “ M10x1.50 3/8 barb” fitting. Screws right in. Fuel hose slips into the other end. Only thing is that it would need an in line fuel shut off instead of pet cock.

From what i see on these petcocks, there is two different thread designs, a course thread and a fine thread...most of the kit ones i see are the fine thread so whoever reads this who is used to seeing the fine threads would probably need the course threaded one if the kit ones they have do not fit...DAMIEN

Ps...The Zeda kits take the course thread one.

From what i see on these petcocks, there is two different thread designs, a course thread and a fine thread...most of the kit ones i see are the fine thread so whoever reads this who is used to seeing the fine threads would probably need the course threaded one if the kit ones they have do not fit...DAMIEN

Threading on the tank is M10x1.50. Only place I have found that sells metric is amazon.
For $10 you can order. “ M10x1.50 3/8 barb” fitting. Screws right in. Fuel hose slips into the other end. Only thing is that it would need an in line fuel shut off instead of pet cock.
I bought mine at MZ Miami. The Gas frame bikes use the 1.5 thread and they were one of the few vendors that stocked it since they used to sell the frames. BS Berry that sold me the gas frame bike does not even sell the proper petcock for the bike they sell... no surprise from them but at least they should tell you that before you tear your hair out or strip the threads on the frame

I bought mine at MZ Miami. The Gas frame bikes use the 1.5 thread and they were one of the few vendors that stocked it since they used to see the frames. BS Berry that sold me the gas frame bike does not even sell the proper petcock for the bike they sell... no surprise form them but at least they should tell you that before you tear your hair out of strip the threads on the frame
CDH has both.. 10mm 1- 1.5 thread pitch...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220205-133539.png
    Screenshot_20220205-133539.png
    166.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot_20220205-133704.png
    Screenshot_20220205-133704.png
    323 KB · Views: 166

The firestorm Zeda 40 motors??... Good to know if I try and use that on another tank like the 4L CDH I was pondering... I'm noticing a lot of incompatibility across the board on the 2strokes... Rector seal makes a thread sealant... #5 is for gasoline

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220205-140032.png
    Screenshot_20220205-140032.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_20220205-140013.png
    Screenshot_20220205-140013.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 139
Back