Gas gets pushed out of my fuel line, into the tank again

I think others might say the same that there might be a leak somewhere. Check the carburetor and intake manifold connection and re-tighten. Also, the head bolts might have stretched since your first couple of rides so re-torque them in an X pattern paying careful attention to not over torquing and use multiple test rides if you do not have a torque wrench.
No torque wrench sadly, just pliers, but the intake and exhaust manifolds are fine, not loose at all, tightened them up a bit extra to be safe, took the carb apart earlier and drained it, ran new gas into it, and it started and ran, now ive hit the primer 6 times, tried to get up to speed, let the clutch out and keep pedaling while giving it gas, and it just shuts off. It gets harder to pedal and then I cant pedal at all and it shuts off

even without a torque wrench, try torquing down the head bolts 1 turn at a time in an X pattern and then try riding it. see if this slowly improves the performance and run time. wait, you said you don't have a torque wrench only pliers. are you using pliers to torque the nuts and bolts?!?

even without a torque wrench, try torquing down the head bolts 1 turn at a time in an X pattern and then try riding it. see if this slowly improves the performance and run time. wait, you said you don't have a torque wrench only pliers. are you using pliers to torque the nuts and bolts?!?
I am, none of the socket heads I have will fit, except for the manifold and carb bolts. I just had the bike started not too long ago, and all I did when I stopped was turn the gas valve off, and when I went to ride again I turned it on and went to start it, and the same thing with not letting me pedal after a few seconds and shutting off happened. Idk what I did differently last time that got it to start that im not doing this time. I even tried to prime it and start again, I tried slightly holding the clutch instead of letting it all the way out and giving it gas each time along with trying to pedal, but even doubling the speed it should start at isnt working. At 10 mph and letting clutch out and giving it gas and pedaling, the engine just wont accept it and turn over

Ok, new update, once the clutch is let out, and the engine starts to rev up, ill feather the throttle, just let it go and quickly re open to about 1/2 - 3/4 of the way, and it just starts to slow down and pedaling gets harder and harder till the bike just stops abruptly and tries to throw me over the handle bars. Ive now tried everything I can think of and tightened all possible bolts. I dont think its an air leak somewhere anymore, I think it just dont wanna start up. Ive even let the clutch out to just before it stops against the rest of the clutch clamp, and giving it gas while pedaling and again, it just slows to a dead stop. I really dont know what to do about this

for the start up you are following the standard protocol right?

- full choke, pedal to 7-10 mph, release the clutch
- engine should turn over and kick in
- continue pedaling for a minute
- pull in the clutch and come to a stop (engine still running)
- turn the choke to half position and let idle for 2 mins
- turn choke to no choke or quarter
- ride normally

saw this once when the guy put the slide into the carb upside down

for the start up you are following the standard protocol right?

- full choke, pedal to 7-10 mph, release the clutch
- engine should turn over and kick in
- continue pedaling for a minute
- pull in the clutch and come to a stop (engine still running)
- turn the choke to half position and let idle for 2 mins
- turn choke to no choke or quarter
- ride normally
Full choke, doing easily 10 miles an hour, engine wont start. Kicks and automatically off. No choke, engine starts doing easily 10 miles an hour, still pedaling, let the clutch out and while im pedaling it slows and gets harder to pedal, until I just cant, even while giving it gas.

saw this once when the guy put the slide into the carb upside down
Ive watched videos to make sure I put the slide and everything together correctly. Slide raises when I throttle, its just my engine wont let me pedal most of the time after letting clutch out. It slows and then becomes impossible to move the pedals.

You do know all that 'Primer' button on the carb does is hold your float down and flood the carb right?

Pull you spark plug.
Turn off the gas.
And then ride you bike clutch out up and down the street to blow out all that puddled fuel in your crankcase ;-}

You do know all that 'Primer' button on the carb does is hold your float down and flood the carb right?

Pull you spark plug.
Turn off the gas.
And then ride you bike clutch out up and down the street to blow out all that puddled fuel in your crankcase ;-}
Ill try that, thanks for the advice and the heads up. But if thats all it does, what purpose does that serve? Isnt flooding the carb bad because it would go directly to the engine when you went to start it?

Back