Gas leak at thread bolt

D

deercrossing

The tank has four thread bolts coming out of the tank so the tank can be tightend down. I have a leak coming from the bead joint where the bolt was jointed to the tank. Any ideas how to fix and has anyone found a bigger better tank I can purchase? Thanks!

bigger better tank

I have Whizzer tanks in stock 1.2 gallon TOP mounted, far better tank than any of the Chinese tanks I've handled over that last 7 years or so, Mike

try J B Weld...Tank sealer will cost to much for a small fix like that.....

P.S. Mike How about a price on the 1.2gal tanks?

I second the notion of a JB Weld repair!

When I was in high school, I had a brokedick old Yamaha
250cc motorcycle, and it's gastank leaked like a seive when
I first got it. I JB Welded it up real good on the outside, and
it was good to go!

8)

J B Weld for the tank leak

Thanks for the info about the J B Weld stuff. I am putting a second coat of the JB on now. As of this writing it seems to be a great fix. I have not put the gas cap on tight yet. I want to give the weld a chance to cure good before I put presure on the tank. I have looked to invest in a gal. tank. I wonder how the bike balances with the full gal. tank full of gas? I also used carpet padding under the tank. A real good fit.

P. S. The DAX'S engine I have has run real good and the change of spark plug I feel has really helped on the hill power. I bought the plug that was recommended posted on this site. The Champion plug #L86C, has been great. The threaded part of the plug is somewhat longer than the DAX'S kit plug. what differerence this makes I don't know.

Thanks for all the great info. You want to use the engine to hot rod or go faster buy a motorcycle.

Re: J B Weld for the tank leak

deercrossing said:
I bought the plug that was recommended posted on this site. The Champion plug #L86C, has been great. The threaded part of the plug is somewhat longer than the DAX'S kit plug. what differerence this makes I don't know.

Thanks for all the great info. You want to use the engine to hot rod or go faster buy a motorcycle.

You may want to remove the plug once in awhile so carbon doesn't build up on the threads where they go into the cylinder.

I second the second part of what you said!

Back