Carby Gas leaking and air filter falling off

• Thread starter Deleted member 27734
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27734

Performance air filter keeps falling off my NT carb, it's not wanting to stay on. Also, I notice after riding that gas builds up around the air intake area. When I had the standard NT air filter, I would notice gas dripping from it after riding. I'm hoping I don't drip everywhere and waste gas.What could I do to fix these problems? 1499923857251572630726.jpg 1499923890915273204735.jpg

Raise the rear of the motor a bit so the fuel is running towards the cylinder

Looks good. All of my 2 stroke bikes dribble a little bit of oil out the back when they have some miles on them. I wouldn't worry about it. They sell venturi stack for NT carb there's more meat for hose clamp air filter. The stock filter is fine

Performance air filter keeps falling off my NT carb, it's not wanting to stay on. Also, I notice after riding that gas builds up around the air intake area. When I had the standard NT air filter, I would notice gas dripping from it after riding. I'm hoping I don't drip everywhere and waste gas.What could I do to fix these problems?View attachment 77958 View attachment 77959
There is a possibility of need for cleaning and float adjustment. Factory settings are often off and the smallest amount of foreign material can keep the needle from seating.

Looks good. All of my 2 stroke bikes dribble a little bit of oil out the back when they have some miles on them. I wouldn't worry about it. They sell venturi stack for NT carb there's more meat for hose clamp air filter. The stock filter is fine

Man, I like those Delorrto clone carbs but I can never solve the issue with the cool looking air filter staying on the unit. To keep from losing it, attach a wire or a thin zip tie.

It's normal for fuel to try to exit the intake. In the 2 stroke cycle, there's momentary positive pressure from the intake - and that aerated fuel can be surprisingly chilly. Remove the air filter and check it out.

Man, I like those Delorrto clone carbs but I can never solve the issue with the cool looking air filter staying on the unit. To keep from losing it, attach a wire or a thin zip tie.

It's normal for fuel to try to exit the intake. In the 2 stroke cycle, there's momentary positive pressure from the intake - and that aerated fuel can be surprisingly chilly. Remove the air filter and check it out.
That isn't the recommended filter for the Dellorto, look at the banner on the top of the page to see what I mean. The filter always was finicky on mine with the hose clamp.

looks like an NT clone - maybe drill two holes and use the screws from the NT filter

Back