Gas leaking from overflow tube

Carson

Local time
2:23 AM
So I tried kickstarting it like 10 times and realized I forgot to turn on the fuel then when I turned on the fuel fuel was constantly leaking out of the overflow tube I was wondering what the problem might be

So I tried kickstarting it like 10 times and realized I forgot to turn on the fuel then when I turned on the fuel fuel was constantly leaking out of the overflow tube I was wondering what the problem might be
Check that the float is not cracked and that the needle valve that it closes to stop the fuel is working.

Take the bowl off look at a small plunger use your finger push it down a few times if it does not come back up you might try a lubricant until its free again my did the same thing.

Also go over your carb the cap I had one loosen up on me constantly drip a drop about every 4 minutes make sure your not cross threaded and it goes down all the way and check to see your cables fit in the pit all the way down.

Take the bowl off look at a small plunger use your finger push it down a few times if it does not come back up you might try a lubricant until its free again my did the same thing.

Also go over your carb the cap I had one loosen up on me constantly drip a drop about every 4 minutes make sure your not cross threaded and it goes down all the way and check to see your cables fit in the pit all the way down.
Both of these replies are nonsense.
1. Your talking about the tickler button on a nt carb which would be good advice had the OP not said leaking form the overflow tube which doesn't exist on a nt carb.
2. The cap on the carb has nothing to do with fuel leaking from the overflow tube.
3. Keep it real or keep it shut.

Back