Carby gas leaking out the carb

A

azvinnie

gas leaking out the carb? l have opened the carb up and checked the float and it is fine(no holes). sprayed some carb cleaner and put it back to gether. still leaks out :mad:
l also switched out carbs with extra that l have, and still the same danm thing, what am i missing? :???:

Have you checked to see if the gasket is leaking under the fuel line nipple? Or if the petcock gasket might be leaking, gas running down the line onto the carb? Or that there might be a piece of debris that is getting caught in the float needle?

Moth

petcock is dry as a bone, and when l took the float out, there wasen't a gasket around the bottom of the carb.... also no obstuctions with the needle, l cleaned it today...

leak

if it's running ok, I would just put s good in line gas valve snd turn it off after every ride but if it is leaking while it is running than you must have two bad carbs.
Just my opinion.
Doc

On my carb, there is a small brass tube that the fuel line fits onto, and screws into the carb, between this and the carb is a gasket. I too had this mysterious leak until I tightened that part. Also install a small hose clamp to hold the line tight, there is enough clearance for one.

Also, put a tight zip tie around each hose connection. Buy new hose from a hardware store.

If your carb is different than I can't help.

l think l figured it out, seems the fork that lays on the float inside the bowl, wasen't sitting up far enough. l bent the fork up a little and now it won't leak. the fork when pushed up, also push in a little pin into the bottom of the fuel inlet and stops it from over flowing. anyways, thanks for the help guys.....

mine still leaks a little. but leakes are normal especially on this carbs. even the needle of the valve ( the fact that is made of iron material doesn't make it enough tight with the nipple). but after the break-in i will get rid of this carb and chnge with something more affective when talking about performance

I had the same problem as original poster had and my carb leaked like crazy. I did what JosephGarcia said to do and it completely stopped leaking. This was a life saver for me.

Thank you so much JosephGarcia you the man :p

Back